todber manor, dorset

which lake are you fishing?

i did a week last month on big hayes. they are very pressured waters.

i would recomend scaling down, nailing everything to the bottom, the fish move about alot and will follow the wind if its blowing hard.

my best advice would be keep moving onto the fish

doug

Guest Anonymous

I did Big Hayes a few winters ago and it was a hole in the ground to be honest, but it's new and maturity can't be bought.

The little specimen lake looks ok and I think that holds the cats, or the bigger ones.

That said, the lads in the shop are nice, the shop is well stocked and the showers are awesome, even have a microwave.

Guest Anonymous

Much nicer to look at mate, but small if I remember rightly. If you can prebook I would..........or buy a silver ticket and do the split in Yateley, bigger cats and carp, probably harder carp wise but it won't be as busy. Only half hour from you as well, and you can go back as it's a season ticket you'd be buying.

Guest Anonymous

I had 11 runs for 8 fish on a really cold winter night, all on placcy corn over a small amount of hemp and corn. I think they're just hungry fish, it's heavily stocked (Big Hayes that is).