need info on hawkhurst main lake

Have friends and some family who have fished it with good results - I fished there once in early April and blanked, so you might want to take this with a pinch of salt (was bloomin' freezing when I went mind you).

Shallow is one word for it. One end of the lake was so shallow when I was there, the ducks were standing up in the lake! Rumour has it that end is even worse now the water levels are lower and is pretty much unfishable.

That said, I know people who have had some decent catches of late but they do say it's not as 'easy' as it used to be. Told best swims are far bank, closest to the match lake, and the 'bridge' swim. Fishing to the islands, close to the out of bounds areas, reed beds and finding the deeper holes (it's generally three of four feet deep) were recommended to me as the going methods. Cell / Fusion / pellets the baits.

Like I say though, that's all a bit second hand. Someone else who fishes it regularly would be more knowledgable. Guys in the tackle shop are always pleasant when I buy gear there, so no doubt they'd help.