Hunstrete Main Lake

Hi am looking to fish hunstrete for the first time on sunday, only ever been there once recently to look around, am only after the carp in there, just wondering if anyone has any tips on good areas to fish or what baits they seem to be taking or not taking as the case may be! any help would be great :)

• 9 months later...

hi sorry for late reply ive only just joined this site..... i fish hunstrete alot and have recently pulled out one of there bigger named fish (blush) 31 lb 9oz which was 36 lb the previous year its a hard lake to fish but u just need to be patient and keep trying different baits until u find the one that works for u alot of people swear on cs1 and mainline cell but i think those baits have been over fished as long as u stick to fishy baits i always use spicy shrimp and prawn which bagged me my first 30 lb out of there and fish the top end where theres more features to fish to in the margins etc and dont waste ur time or money on hemp corn pellets maze as u will just get pestered by the bream and tench hope this helps