anyone fished llyn y gors?

• 2 weeks later...

just wondering how you got on? i fished it this week mon - wed on thompsons lake and never recieved a single take. I have decided that after going there for over 15 years (on and off) i will not return. While the fishery looks fantastic especially tommos lake, i feel that the fish have become soley interested on natural food in the pond. Also the weed growth seems to be a problem, this is mainly in front of the swim just where your meant to play the fish. I never saw a single fish landed on either lake in fact i never heard an alarm sound. I am so dissapointed.... i also checked the website and they claim that fish have come out recently but when looking at the photos it seems that there are no leaves on the trees in early summer so obviously old photos.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i had the same type of session :/ got there on tuesday for a 48 hour trip and about half an hour after setting up on the old carp lake i had a nice 9lb common on a cell pop up but then nothing for the rest of the session. i walked around the lake quite alot askin if anyone had caught but it was the same answer.....not yet! i was in the shop one morning and some bloke had just arrived and asked the guy how it had been fishing, to which he reply ''its been fishing it little head off!''. i didnt want to say anything in case it was just me that wasnt catching.

IMO one of the main problems is, the guys in tackle shop try to hard bigging it up!

I fished the Old Carp lake two years ago, when I asked at shop how it's been fishing, got the usual sales speil..... Three or four twenties have come out every day for the last fortnight.

Asked around on the bank and got told nothing, blank blah blah.....

Its not devoid of fish but they certainly didn't appear to be as many big fish as one is led to believe.

I think another fault, certainly of the pool I fished was the numbers of pest fish, necessitating the need for big baits 21mm boilies seemed the norm.

Personally, after blanking on first day I opted to scale down bait size and wade through the roach/rudd.

Fished one rod tight to a weed bed near an island, on 21mm smoked mackerel boilie, only a couple of liners.

Second rod I fished near to lillies, using 10 mm tutti's and had four carp from 5 - 14lb and god only knows how many silvers despite using a long hair.

All in all a good second day for me when only other run on lake was a lost mid double.

On a plus note, the lake was breath takingly pretty and despite being relatively small, it felt bigger.