aveley lake

• 2 months later...

Hi There ive done 5 nights in all now no carp yet but a nice tench of 9lb 7oz.

There are some cracking carp in there Paul the bailiff had 3 mid 20s last week while i was there.

Fishing has been tough because of the hot sunny weather & the lake is quite weedy in places so you really have to search out the clear spots. The owner Roy & bailiff Paul are fantastic & will help you in any way they can but i think the lake will take time to get to know. Its a cracking water with a really nice bunch of members on it & its now doing fish over 40lbs.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of joining this water and was told it really hard, anyone herd the same as im still interested in joining it but wont be till next year, also does anyone know if there is a waiting list ??

Many thanks

Mick

the water im talking about is Aveley, and not the one by the paint ball place, cheers

hi guy's

i fished aveley for 5 years and still pop over regularly to see roy and paul

the fish react well to heavy baiting especialy if you have a few nights infront of you, good quality freezer baits seem to be most efective with nash , mainline, and eclipse, all doing good hits over there this year

i always found simple rigs with paste wrapped arround it to work well

best thing to do is have a look from the middle of the sheep bank when you get there and the fish will show you where to go

the bars run accross the lake and baits presented in the deeper channel between bars always did me proud

there are plenty of weedbeds and snags in the lake some being quite savage , but roy and paul have put markers arround them so you can spot them (they even put reflective tape on them , :D )

most people tend to fish as far out as the can as the fish do like showing at range , but all my larger fish came from in close

its done fish to 40+ this year, and trust me there are some surprises left in there that havent graced the bank yet :wink:

the lake can be tricky at times but cant they all :lol:

overall a well run venue with no silly rules and big pukka carp :D