Thorpe Abbots 2010

CARP/TOP LAKE

This is the largest of the three lakes with 20 pegs in total. The lake offers a good head of carp with ghost carp weighing up to 23lb, common and mirror carp weighing up to and over 30lb. Other species include bream to 11lb, chubb to 5-1/2lb, tench to 5lb, perch and roach. This is a well established lake extending to approximately 2-1/2 acres and has many mature features and an island. The depth of this lake varies between 5 - 7ft.

I've fished it about 5 times and I've had mirrors to from 15-18lbs. I'm not so sure if there are actually any 30's in there. Spoke to a few people and it sounds like the biggest is 28lb.

It gets quite busy at weekends and the swims are quite close to each other so you get quite limited. Best to go during the week, I went on Tuesday to Wednesday and me and a mate were the only ones on there! :D

I also found that the fish just sun themselves all day and only feed when it gets dark.