PAVYOTTS MILL WHATS IT LIKE FOLKS?

I think the main issue with these places is around the fact that carp are put through a fairly traumatic time from being raised and overfed on the continent and then have to endure a stressful journey overseas to be stocked in ponds for UK anglers to catch. A proportion of these fish never make it and die in transit

Most are actually fed and raised here,off site. Brought over much smaller than you would think.

In the words of homer simpson... "Marge...can I play devils advocate"? Now dont all lose your collective minds on this...But they are ... after all...just fish! We all stick bloody great hooks in them and drag them out of their homes as often as we possibly can... so come on lets not get too precious here. We all eat meat and fish (well most of us) and carp is considered a delicacy all over the world. I'm all for fish rights and looking after our quarry. Buts lets not forget that they are a non-native species... theres no such thing as a native carp. OK there are wildy's- but how many of us fish for them. even mr. Leneys were taken from not native staock at some point.

The worst fish kill I have witnessed was down at whiteacres where all of their british stock was wiped out through (alledgely) bad fishery management (in my opinion- please dont sue me clint!) - not importing french fish. Pavyotts has nets, slings and matts on every peg- erradicating most chances of contamination.

I would urge you to go and fish the maze at Pavyotts (rather than regurgitating what you have heard) and see if every one is 'guaranteed a fish' (queue- I wouldnt fish on that place if it was the last place on earth comments). These fish have seen every rig and every bait known to man and are pretty cute... they dont give themselves up- so comparisons about shooting deer in an enclosure dont stand up.

All of that said- I'm not a huge fan of the place- just wanted to present a balanced arguement. I wouldnt consider a Pavyotts 30 or 40lb a huge accomplishment, as a good angler who spent enough time there would snag one. But thats the same any where... if you sit on a venue long enough you'll catch every fish in there. Perhaps we should ban anyone from fishing a venbue more than 6 days a season to give the fish a chance, or if you're on the dole you shouldnt be able to fish at all.

Now how much of my post is a joke and how much is serious? :?:?:?:lol::lol::lol:

Now how much of my post is a joke and how much is serious? :?:?:?:lol::lol::lol:

Nice get out clause :wink:

I'm not against these places existing, they have a role in modern carp fishing it's just not my bag. I do very little fishing in the UK any more, most of it is river fishing and some of the small country sized lakes in Spain, SA and the US. The comment about the hunting ranches was more to do with artifically overfeeding a species then confining it in to a small area for the purpose of making money from trophy hunters more than a reference to the ease of the catch/kill so it does stand true Cobleyn

• 8 years later...

Well what can I say .i live not a stones throw from broadlands and longbridge lakes, I've got permission to fish for ENGLISH CARP that go over 55lb in Hampshire and I've only ever come across one other person fishing there with a stick float ,I've just booked up to fish pavyotts mill in May, the point I am trying to make is everyone is different  if you don't like the place don't fish there, thanks