PAVYOTTS MILL WHATS IT LIKE FOLKS?

i hope you have a good time on jades lake mate as, my family and i are currently bying Pavyotts Mill Fisheries and i will want to make sure ALL the bad information and things that have been said in the past are left in the past, as we have some ideas and deals im mind to make PMF one of the top 50 lakes and then maybe 1 of the top 10 lakes in the uk

If all goes through bud i hope to see you soon

Stu

Well... what can I say... its a good set-up down there. The huts are very comfy and the place is well kept. The staff are friendly and helpful and there is no doubt they have some big fish.

Whether its everyone's cup of tea... that's for the individual to decide. I'd put it in the category of 'holiday carping'- just something a bit different.

general comments: Make sure you take a rod-pod. if you're in a hut- pack some tea lights for the lanterns. The fish are very cute and managed to 'do me' because of sloppy rigs- so be sure to make sure that your rigs are honed and that you can change them appropriately.

The local Indian will deliver food and beer to your peg and is of decent quality- result!

PS. make sure you pack an extra £20 for your 'bait package' that you have to buy! :x

People dont moan about people fishing the place, more about the place it self and the morals of the place. i know what i think of the place and many others like it in this country but i also know they are here to stay.

There are 2 forms of carping, carp fishing and fishing for carp and this fishery is just another nail in the coffin for carp fishing.

being a carper, some will never know what thats all about.

do what you want and fish where you like.

hi coops,

I feel that i must respone to your post replie.

You say there are 2 forms of carping. Carp fishing and fishing for carp. How can you define the two. For me it's all about the quest to try and catch carp i have spent alot of time watching these creatures both above and underwater. I love nothing more than trying to catch these fish from any venue, after all not all of us are priveleged to fish those beatiful estate lakes or privite waters that hold big fish.

I can bet nearly everyone on this fourm including yourself has been to france to catch a fish of a life time. So by createing venues across the country where dreams can come ture for those who cannot travel or afford trips aboard for the price of a day ticket i dont think they are a bad thing.

After all it is our pursuit of these magnificent fish that drives every angler to succed in outwitting them that makes us equal which ever venue we fish

hi coops,

I feel that i must respone to your post replie.

You say there are 2 forms of carping. Carp fishing and fishing for carp. How can you define the two. For me it's all about the quest to try and catch carp i have spent alot of time watching these creatures both above and underwater. I love nothing more than trying to catch these fish from any venue, after all not all of us are priveleged to fish those beatiful estate lakes or privite waters that hold big fish.

I can bet nearly everyone on this fourm including yourself has been to france to catch a fish of a life time. So by createing venues across the country where dreams can come ture for those who cannot travel or afford trips aboard for the price of a day ticket i dont think they are a bad thing.

After all it is our pursuit of these magnificent fish that drives every angler to succed in outwitting them that makes us equal which ever venue we fish

What do you mean by "not all of us are priveleged to fish those beatiful estate lakes or privite waters"?

There are plenty of lakes left untouched, that anyone has access to if they are prepared to put abit of ground work in.

The fish in places like Pavyotts are stocked with one thing in mind, to make money from the glory hunting brigade. They grow big, they die young, simple as that.

I notice you also use the word "outwitting" in conjunction with catching these carp. Do you honestly think you are out-witting them by booking onto a lake(I use the term lake lightly, more like a puddle) on a set date, turning up, flinging some bait out and laying back in your personal lodge whilst you wait for a 50? I've seen more groundwork from a pikey tarmacing a drive.

Talking about putting in the groundwork....I heard some hush hush rumours a few weeks ago that surfaced again at the weekend about a large,wild untapped pit that had been stocked and left alone 8 years ago.

Its recently been test fished by a select few who obviously started these rumours(fish to 27lb recorded). I drove there today and found locked gates,although i could just make out a guy sat on the smaller lake pleasure fishing. I sat and waited for 2 hours until he packed away and drove to the gates to leave where i collared him and managed to find the address of the farmer who owns the lake.

I knocked on his door,introduced myself politely and ended up sat in his kitchen for half an hour, the result? Permission to test fish for uncaught carp!!!! All for a couple of hours work :lol:

Talking about putting in the groundwork....I heard some hush hush rumours a few weeks ago that surfaced again at the weekend about a large,wild untapped pit that had been stocked and left alone 8 years ago.

Its recently been test fished by a select few who obviously started these rumours(fish to 27lb recorded). I drove there today and found locked gates,although i could just make out a guy sat on the smaller lake pleasure fishing. I sat and waited for 2 hours until he packed away and drove to the gates to leave where i collared him and managed to find the address of the farmer who owns the lake.

I knocked on his door,introduced myself politely and ended up sat in his kitchen for half an hour, the result? Permission to test fish for uncaught carp!!!! All for a couple of hours work :lol:

Nice one

i for one have never fished in france and have no intention to do so. I also have no access to an exclusive syndicate or estate lake.

call me old school, but i spend hours pouring over o.s maps looking for lakes, then finding owners of said lakes to try to get permission to wet a line

as coops said i like carp fishing not fishing for fast growing abomanations that are only in existance for glory hunters and owners pockets

for get your 40lb'ers gimme a hard won, hunted down 20 any day

Guest andypalf

chrisesox, I can't comment on Pavvyotts as I've never been there or know too much about it. But there are plenty of wonderful lakes to fish at very affordable prices. My club lake is open to anyone who applies for membership, no waiting list, is a mere £50 a year. In return I get to fish two lakes with two fish known to go over 35lb. One of these lakes is a nice little estate lake. There's another club I almost joined in the Colne Valley with no waiting list and fish to over 40lb.

If you have a look around you'll fisn these days there are plenty of accessable waters where dream fish can be had.

P.S. I've never been to France to fish :wink:

fished three sessions there last year, its not an east water despite many comments to the contrary, i've only fished the Maze,

i have two week sessions booked this year, in May and June,

the main reason i went there, after many years of damp bivvies and groundsheets, my knees take a while to get warmed up, the huts, close parking, and raised bunks suit me now, you sometimes have to compromise to carry on fishing.

but i do enjoy fishing there, its not easy, my average catch in a week session is three fish, and i've never caught in the first three days of a week session.

there have been a few nive fish caught though, ....... a few pics are here for those interested http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss66/Fishing_Fun/

i'm fishing the St Lawrence in July, with Canadian Carpin, i saw a few negative comments about them in another thread, I'll update you on them when i get back.

• 1 month later...
I can bet nearly everyone on this fourm including yourself has been to france to catch a fish of a life time.

I caught the fish of a lifetime in Cheshire, 22lb of fantastic mirror carp, directly descended from the original stocking from The Surrey Trout Farm.

To some people their fish of a lifetime is not necessarily their biggest..

I can bet nearly everyone on this fourm including yourself has been to france to catch a fish of a life time.

I caught the fish of a lifetime in Cheshire, 22lb of fantastic mirror carp, directly descended from the original stocking from The Surrey Trout Farm.

To some people their fish of a lifetime is not necessarily their biggest..

Couldn't have said it better myself. Carp fishing would be better off without the likes of Pavyotts, and without the people who wish to fish there. Somebody has said above that it suits their needs due to age. It is true that many people do have to compromise as they get older. However, there are lakes up and down the country which can accomodate people with these issues, and DO NOT contain foreign / diseased abominations.

We, as a sport, do NOT need it.

- Mate, I've got to take offence at the statement 'carp fishing is better off wihtout people who fish at places like that'. Why would carp fishing be better off without me?

What difference does it make whether I fish there for one day a year when I fancy a change to my 2 local syndicates? I've been fishing for carp for 30 years and have caught them all over the world and from pits and lakes all over the UK... some hundereds of acres where the no-one really knows what the stock level is (albeit that it was less than 20).

Have a go at the lake by all means- but randomnly attacking people for fishing there... a bit naughty that. Be happy in your fishing and just let other get on with their life and enjoy their fishing. 8)8)8):):)

- Mate, I've got to take offence at the statement 'carp fishing is better off wihtout people who fish at places like that'. Why would carp fishing be better off without me?

What difference does it make whether I fish there for one day a year when I fancy a change to my 2 local syndicates? I've been fishing for carp for 30 years and have caught them all over the world and from pits and lakes all over the UK... some hundereds of acres where the no-one really knows what the stock level is (albeit that it was less than 20).

Have a go at the lake by all means- but randomnly attacking people for fishing there... a bit naughty that. Be happy in your fishing and just let other get on with their life and enjoy their fishing. 8)8)8):):)

Well said, especially that last line.

Coops summary was much the same. "Do what you want and fish where you like".

Ian

I think the main issue with these places is around the fact that carp are put through a fairly traumatic time from being raised and overfed on the continent and then have to endure a stressful journey overseas to be stocked in ponds for UK anglers to catch. A proportion of these fish never make it and die in transit, the rest usually don't have such a long life span. The only positive about the LEGAL introduction of foreign fish is that they shouldn't bring disease in to this country and put our stocks in jeopardy. In addition to the trauma it also encourages the illegal movement of carp from across the continent in to UK waters, these of course are un-tested and pose the real threat to British Fish, not to mention being a complete waste of life as we saw earlier this year http://www.efishbusiness.co.uk/news/100305-illegal-carp-import-at-dover.asp

In the US Hunting Ranches exist where deer are tagged with different colour chips in their ears, bred and fed quickly and fenced in to a 10 acre reserve. The 'hunter' is then assured of a trophy and can choose to shoot the deer that represents his budget or trophy requirements. There is little difference between the 2 sports for me other than that there's a slightly higher chance of survival for the carp. Whilst I also take the each to his own approach the very idea of putting non-native species bred specifically for size in to a limited and restricted environment for the sole purpose of financial gain goes against the laws of nature and I'm an outdoorsman first and a fishermen second