Joining a club and what one?

Hi guys, just a quick question/random post.

Still deciding on a club to join for the season ahead:) This will be my first season belonging to a club.

But how do you know which one to pick? There are 3 overlapping where i live. (CAA, BDAC and CAPS)

You only get a certain feel for the lakes, but this is limited to website photos and catch reports. You can't look at the lakes because there padlocked.

I guess what im trying to get at is, if you cant view the lakes, do you go by looks of pictures or convenience.

Thoughts please!

Regards

Tom

Hi guys, just a quick question/random post.

Still deciding on a club to join for the season ahead:) This will be my first season belonging to a club.

But how do you know which one to pick? There are 3 overlapping where i live. (CAA, BDAC and CAPS)

You only get a certain feel for the lakes, but this is limited to website photos and catch reports. You can't look at the lakes because there padlocked.

I guess what im trying to get at is, if you cant view the lakes, do you go by looks of pictures or convenience.

Thoughts please!

Regards

Tom

I've moved this into UK Where to Fish.

While I'm not a member of any of them I know that CAPS do have a number of good venues, however they have been plagued recent years with litter and high numbers of anglers on the venues.

Speak nicely to X2gsd or Gazmeesh as that is their area.

You also have Kelvedon and District (Silver End), Sudbury and District Angling around the area :wink: .

I've moved this into UK Where to Fish.

While I'm not a member of any of them I know that CAPS do have a number of good venues, however they have been plagued recent years with litter and high numbers of anglers on the venues.

Speak nicely to X2gsd or Gazmeesh as that is their area.

You also have Kelvedon and District (Silver End), Sudbury and District Angling around the area :wink: .

Ah sorry nick, wasn't thinking .

I will be sure to do that :) thanks.

i joined caps for the first time last year did a lot on thier bovi 2 water had some lovely fish out biggest was a stunning 31lb common. also fished a few sessions on pebmarsh had a lot of nice looking fish biggest was 22lb. most of the members where really nice and always came round for a chat.. unfortunitly they do have a lot of members so if you fish weekends some of the waters are pretty busy but they have quite a few venues so you have a choice.