Fishing Sandhurst lake

Hello all,

I know waters will be starting to warm up slightly some what and looking to do a weekend session at Sandy in beginning of april.

Has anyone been lately or know how its been doing? also does anyone have any good tips on swims etc. I did a session there few years back on the island swim had two big runs but nothing banked. i hear lots about the Baliff swim is this a goodun?

this time of year i would be looking at what are the car park swims or the pipe swim or the second pipe swim.have fished the lake on a number of occasions although not recently.these swims in my opinoin are the better ones especially if the sun is up.i think i have fished the pipe swim and second pipe swim about 9 times between them and have never blanked in them,with 3 of those times being in winter and the rest around the easter holidays.hope that sheds abit of light on it.otherwise you'll have to wait and see how the social goes that will surely give you the answers you require.

• 3 weeks later...
well time is nearly upon few of us hitting sandy to catch some beauties

Take basic stuff, like drinking water, with you. The amenities amount to three Portaloos that stink. End of. No tap, even. This is compensated by the fact that 500 yards from the gate is a proper choice of food/supplies, Chinese x2, Pizza x2, Curry House x2, Chip Shop, Co-op Mini Mart, hairdresser( :o ).

Also, be prepared for mud. The whole site is low lying and marshy with mozzies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The upside is that the fish are in perfect condition and of good size.

Don't even think of breaking the rules, by the way. The bailiffs are on the case, at all times.

Please let us know your thoughts when you've fished there. I wish you good fortune!

Ian

Cheers Ian,

Taken all on board. It's been a while since been down there know the pizza place too well lol. Kinda thought would be muddy banks especially with all this poxy rain. Were you part of the big 18 party down there on the weekend ive read about where big nige came out few 30's and 20's. all sounding very promising. do you know how the baliff's swims were doing??

there are three of us going down very soon but got a feeling the pipes and car parks will be taken as big favs.

welder, leggs007 and carp.john were in ballifs for the weekend, so they can put you right

We blanked! leggs had a mighty take early on the Sunday but it snagged him up round the island and got off.

All of the fish caught were taken from the car park "half" of the lake, Nige had his forty from one of the island swims, Courts shared the island and had a 30 plus while Coops was in the car park swim and had some cracking fish.

Andy52 was in the swim furthest from there which produced, a new PB for him, as it goes. Bless!

Ian

The pipes produced two for me and one for the bloke in there the two nights before me aswell...the bailifs were more than helpfull though so you're probably best off asking them how its fishing at the time :wink:
it also produced sod all for me :lol::lol::lol: i blame lewis for using his spining rod :shock::lol::lol::lol:

The pipes produced two for me and one for the bloke in there the two nights before me aswell...the bailifs were more than helpfull though so you're probably best off asking them how its fishing at the time :wink:
it also produced sod all for me :lol::lol::lol: i blame lewis for using his spining rod :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Dan, I blame everybody else for everything. Especially the laughter!

Ian

Ian

i agree that giggling from nick echo'd around the lake saturday night :lol:

Ian

yeah that also had its part to play :lol:

Ian

yeah that also had its part to play :lol:

That's a good idea, I blame Nick as well!!!!!!!!!!! (And I was the furthest away from him - he's got a lot to answer for!) :shock: