360 rig

tel90

Would a curve hook used in this rig be allowed on a water with a banned bent hook policy?anyone know how to achieve the same effect with a straight hook,maybe moving the ring stops further back on the hook to achieve a more aggressive angle?anyone tried this?

Try a chod hook, the swivel pressing on the out turned eye may achieve what you want.

Would a curve hook used in this rig be allowed on a water with a banned bent hook policy?anyone know how to achieve the same effect with a straight hook,maybe moving the ring stops further back on the hook to achieve a more aggressive angle?anyone tried this?

The rule applies to hooks that you have actually bent. I.e a very long shank hook that you have bent into a curve.

It was a popular rig/mouth distroyer several years ago.

Hinged stuff rigs and 360rigs have been designed to give the same mechanics, whilst providing a safer rig.

I would say you an use any hook you want off the shelf, and stay within the rules.

Just keep things simple. Really dont see the need to add swivels here rings there. Standard hair rig will catch anyware. People use these fancy rigs that are in vougue and apart from its the in thing they dont really no why there useing it. Dont see need for 360 rig but dont beleive it causes any more damage than any other rig a swivel on the hook is the least of the fishes worries considering the other end is a razor sharp peice of metal with a barb a swivel is neither here nor there. Dont listen to carp police they dont useally get out much and they base there theorys on what they hear not what they have attually expeirenced.

360 is my go to rig. Even on gravel i use it. I just counter the pop up with a small split shot on the hair so that the hook lays on its front (point and eye toward the ground) so its just balanced wafting. Works a treat. Sometimes ill use a bait band for the hair so i can use different sizes or a snowman on the same rig without having to re-tie due to the stretchyness. I also get my baitbands free from the dentist

360 is my go to rig. Even on gravel i use it. I just counter the pop up with a small split shot on the hair so that the hook lays on its front (point and eye toward the ground) so its just balanced wafting. Works a treat. Sometimes ill use a bait band for the hair so i can use different sizes or a snowman on the same rig without having to re-tie due to the stretchyness. I also get my baitbands free from the dentist

what a good ideal getting bands from dentist

I wouldn't worry about the rig, as long as you use the right hooks, its no less safe than any other rig. The mouth damage myth is from I mentioned earlier the hook eye getting caught in landing net mesh, a problem that is easily solved.

I wouldn't class the 360 as complicated at all, in fact its pretty simple. It works on the same basis as a chod...no matter which way the fish approaches the hook can touch the bottom lip, and spin round and take hold. Simple as it gets!

your kidding mate?

I have never used that rig, then again I don't fish single pop ups. I like pop ups used on a bottom bait, for that I use a bit of snake bite. I used to use the withy pool rig, but while that sat out all day with out a knock the snake bite rig was working, I know loads of big fish have been bagged on the 360, but there is probably a bit more to it than putting a pop up on and casting it out 30 yards plus, looks like a good margin rig.

Fair enough, horses for courses. lots of rigs seem to have their for and against. I've never seen a real issue caused by it n real life. Does any one have any real reason that it supposedly causes damage, those threads just seem to condemn it, with seemigly little more information other that they hear it causes damage. I don't disagree that it might do, but if tied correctly, i see no reason that it is any worse than the majority of rigs out there.

I take it you mean horrific damage to the landing net? This malarkey gets better by the day!

??? great input lol. if you deny the 360 can and does damage the mouths of smaller fish you either dont care or dont wanna know.

I fail to see how fixing a swivel to a hook can cause horrific damage! I use this method to balance my floating plastic sweet corn on my rig. I've never had a problem with fish conservation.

How about you scaling your broom handle down - it'll work wonders. :wink:

so how do you use the swivel to balance the plastic corn then? again, it can and does do damage, you fail to see how? look into it or would that prove that maybe you dont have fish welfare at heart?

So let's all move on, I don't think anyone would use them if they caused damage to the fish

really? have you seen some of the shocking rigs being used nowadays? some people go out to catch at all costs without any regard for fish welfare