Favorite book?

sammypetter

I usually steer away from fishing books. I much prefer Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon or the like.

If you're into horror/fiction, you must read The Bad Place or Intensity (both by Koontz) I have read these many times over the years, they are that good :wink:

Ok, favourite fishing book is Dave Lane, Obsession with Carp. brilliant and hillarious from start to finish.

That's my favourite fishing book as well, its quality. 2nd Favourite is probably Terry Hearn's "In Pursuit of the Largest".

My favourite non angling book is probably Howard Marks' "Mr Nice".

One of the funniest books I've read is "The Raymond Delauney Emails" which is full of wind up emails to various people and companies.

I usually steer away from fishing books. I much prefer Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon or the like.

If you're into horror/fiction, you must read The Bad Place or Intensity (both by Koontz) I have read these many times over the years, they are that good :wink:

I like those kind of books mate, lend me one one of the times? :lol::wink:

Im like those kind of books mate, lend me one one of the times? :lol::wink:

Remind me, & i'll bring one Saturday :wink:

Im like those kind of books mate, lend me one one of the times? :lol::wink:

Remind me, & i'll bring one Saturday :wink:

Good man, nice one :D:wink:

Got to say i rate Dave Lane's "Flick Of The Tale" pretty highly, great read, as you'd expect of such a highly regarded angler. :D

Ive heard that too, also lee jacksons new one. Ive got terry hearns books and they are good.

I also like true crime books, read a few about 80s liverpudlian crime families and couldnt stop reading :shock:

fishing book-micky grays "a merry olde dance" he tells it how it is,it puts a smile on your face and also brings a tear to your eye ,brilliant.non fishing book is lance armtsrong's (pro' cyclist) auto-biography,if you need inspiration then this is the book,what he goes through and comes through beggars belief,awesome read

Got to say i rate Dave Lane's "Flick Of The Tale" pretty highly, great read, as you'd expect of such a highly regarded angler. :D

Ive heard that too, also lee jacksons new one. Ive got terry hearns books and they are good.

I also like true crime books, read a few about 80s liverpudlian crime families and couldnt stop reading :shock:

Have you read 'Cocky'? That's not a bad book, lots of scousers and crime in that one :lol:

Have you read 'Cocky'? That's not a bad book, lots of scousers and crime in that one :lol:

Yes mate, the devil is a good one also powder wars :wink:

Ok, favourite fishing book is Dave Lane, Obsession with Carp. brilliant and hillarious from start to finish.

That's my favourite fishing book as well, its quality. 2nd Favourite is probably Terry Hearn's "In Pursuit of the Largest".

My favourite non angling book is probably Howard Marks' "Mr Nice".

One of the funniest books I've read is "The Raymond Delauney Emails" which is full of wind up emails to various people and companies.

Got to just love Mr Nice, Howard is a star! Can't wait for the film to come out, sure Rhys Ifans will do him proud 8)

Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome. I won this as an attendance prize at Sunday School, aged maybe 12. The lady who selected it for me knew my sense of humour.

I'm 60 now and have read it many times and STILL it makes me roar with laughter. Anyone who appreciates the use and choice of words in humour will love this book, even though it was written in Victorian times.

I commend it to you.

Ian

Yes mate, the devil is a good one also powder wars :wink:

got powder wars for xmas (not the kind of thing you would expect to get off your mum :shock::? ) but havent got round to starting it yet.

cocky was a good read - a true career criminal at work. he has just been done again for being the brains behind that jersey drug smuggling ring... :roll::shock:

"costa del crime" was also a good read - the blurb on the front cover says it all....