Lets go fishing, WHY

winden

Hi guys, been fishing for 28 years now or there about and it all started as a small lad with a been pole, cotton and bent hook. As you can imagine no success come until my uncle Ron took me under his wing and guided me in the right direction. For me then and still now its that sense of anticipation that keeps my out there. Its just that i question other peoples motives why they go fishing. Just an open topic really just to see where it go's.

because i love it, peace,tranquility,the wildlife, :lol: relaxing,getting away from it all having laugh with mates,bacon and egg in mornings cooked outdoors,cider,english weather :roll: the list could be endless :) the smile on my sons face when he lands his fish also tells me he will be fishing all his life aswell,my dad took me on the canals when i was a kid and i,ve been hooked ever since :D:D:D:D:D

teknologiky Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:01 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its a great excuse when having an affair

been there done that,

now it about the solitude being at one with nature, watching the wildlife, oh and when the delk's go into melt-down the trepidation of is it a pastie or a monster, its all of this and a lot more

I got back into fishing about 6 years ago ( i'm now 46 ) i fish with 2 friends and for me and them it's about having something to look forward to , we all work hard and it is our thing , we only get out 5/6 times a year :( and every time we go were like big kids . This year Pete and me have entered a doubles competition and Ivan is doing his first session in France with some work colleagues . For us it aint about leaving the wives and kids but i feel it is the one time we leave our various jobs behind

and can genuinely relax .

For lots of reasons, but its one of the few things i get to do with just me and my dad.

Thats nice, a really nice anser..!

Me, I just do. It,s a sport/past time you either love or just dont want to do, unlike others where you can take it or leave it (I.e football I love football but only to watch not play, you wouldnt get someone watching fishing just because etc etc)

If you don't go fishing you'll never witness the cheeky fat robin sat on the edge of your bait box, looking you in the eye to see if it's ok to take several maggots.

Or the flash of colour as a kingfisher flies by, skimming the water.

Or the bold heron, hunting the margin.

Or the joy of being woken, early on a summers morning, by the glorious sound of birdsong.

Sometimes fishing is secondary to just being there.

Ian

Its never 'just' about the fishing.

Have you ever pulled the rods in for an hour; lay back to watch the ripples of the water mesmerise you, or shinned trees that sway in the breeze as the leviathans cruise lazily beneath you? Or have you ever sat there, watching your rod tips quiver expectantly, yet inexplicably unable to move a muscle, as if your whole being is transfixed by the incredible anticipation?

Its a natural 'high'.

Sometimes, you know, its the only way I know how to straighten my head out.

"With my silken line and delicate hook, i wander a miriad of ripples, and find freedom" a quote from an old china man and it sort of sums it up

you just cant beat that first mug of steaming tea at sunrise sat at a glorious lake as mother nature comes to life, mist rising from the water, the silent heron in the margins seeing a big carp bosh out right where you are watching!

even a summer downpour is great just laying on the bedchair with the rain pattering the canvas, great time for a siesta :wink:

"With my silken line and delicate hook, i wander a miriad of ripples, and find freedom" a quote from an old china man and it sort of sums it up

you just cant beat that first mug of steaming tea at sunrise sat at a glorious lake as mother nature comes to life, mist rising from the water, the silent heron in the margins seeing a big carp bosh out right where you are watching!

even a summer downpour is great just laying on the bedchair with the rain pattering the canvas, great time for a siesta :wink:

Siesta. Good word, that. I'm good at them.

Ian