Ideas for a uk carp fishing holiday?

Hi peeps, my friends and i were hoping to go carp fishing in france next year (2010) but unfortunately 1 of my friends is getting married so money is very tight for him and we've had to abandon the idea of fishing in france for the moment.

I was wondering if any fellow members had any ideas or recommendations for any venues in england that we could go instead for a week or weekend fishings??

We're not obssessed with catching massive 40lb-50lb bigboys (although this would be great!) we just want somewhere where we can go as a group and enjoy an action packed holiday.

Look forward to hearing from you all (hopefully)

If you wanted an exclusive lake you could try 'Rookery Meadow' which allows exclusive use for 5 anglers ranging between £750-1000. It has carp over 30lb, send me a PM if you want a link but its easy enough to find on google. I've never been there but like the look of the place.

No ones mentioned it yet but an alternative of going to France could be 'The Monument'? :lol:

If you wanted an exclusive lake you could try 'Rookery Meadow' which allows exclusive use for 5 anglers ranging between £750-1000. It has carp over 30lb, send me a PM if you want a link but its easy enough to find on google. I've never been there but like the look of the place.

No ones mentioned it yet but an alternative of going to France could be 'The Monument'? :lol:

Thats probably because it would probably work out dearer to fish there for a week than france would be, which was why he couldnt go to france anyway,and more than likely catch a lot less. :lol:

kingsbury water park has some nice fish,i think you can camp on site but no night fishing but only about £4 a day to fish,and a few slabs of beer and a bbq on the night could make fairly cheap holiday,also billing aquadrome has a few lakes plus river running through site

I've just googled celtic lakes and found their website.

Also had a look on Google Earth.

I could do a week on there, no problem.

Ian

Same here. Looks quite promising, especially with all those moggies :wink:

Looks like a good place for a social :idea:

Ian

I've just googled celtic lakes and found their website.

Also had a look on Google Earth.

I could do a week on there, no problem.

Ian

Same here. Looks quite promising, especially with all those moggies :wink:

Looks like a good place for a social :idea:

Ian

I agree. It'll be nice to blank on a new venue for a change.

Yes shattersford lakes in the west mids 66 pound cats and 40 pound carp :D:D:D

Shatterford? For a holiday? :shock:

Only if you like expensive, overcrowded holes in the ground where chavs have a rave at 2 in the morning.