Gippsland carping

Hi, I don't think totally off information I have put on here. Obviously photos and mentioning locations does high light areas. I am now like other people very secretive about where I go. There is a lot of water and a lot of different kind of fishing where I live. To catch something big takes a lot of work, so I keep info to myself. Still after that elusive thirty or any fish at the moment. Tight lines atokecarper12

• 3 years later...

Started fishing again yesterday after 2 years of no fishing. From 2016 to the end of 2017 i fished small amounts of time, but many visits out to a few areas i fished. The fishing on these venues and got a lot harder.I decided to move a round more and to try and find fish and stalk them or fish a few hours on each spot. Over this time period i manged a few small carp and 2 20's to 20.15 lbs and a 14.15 lbs from a lake i had not had a fish off for over 2 years. After that i have fished the rivers for not really much fish and then fished a big water which i caught fish, but mainly in the smaller bracket. This particular water is where i fancy for a really big fish. At the moment sorting out to get back onto that venue. See how the future goes. Stokecarper12

• 1 month later...

Over the last few weeks i have fished the coast for salmon on lures, covering kilometres of coast line for a few bites. I fished a venue i had not fished for a few years , i had looked a round it a few times and seen a few fish moving a round. I fish out as far as i could on float. Fishing baits a foot under the float and drifting the float out on the wind as far out as i could. The wind was pushing in from behind me and onto the water for the first half an hour and then the wind swung round and started to come in from off the water towards me. Making float presentation hard to control, i put more weight under the float and took some of the line float ant off the line, so i could sink the line after casting out to hold the float in position. The water was calm on the end of an area of sedge, reed beds, so i could hold the float out there. The wind increased over time, i saw slight movement against the wind which i am sure was a fish. The float pulled slightly down and then sprang up again and then moved slightly across the surface. I waited and gave the fish time, but nothing materialized. I wound in and checked the bait it had not been chewed, so i cast it back out to the end of the sedges. After a while i had interest on the float again, the fish were obviously cagey as it moved the float up and down and moving it across the surface. After a while this stopped, i could then see bubbles under the float and a fish bow waving in the area. The float lifted up and then  bobbed twice and then went clean under, i left it a while to see if the fish had got the bait, the float came straight up. I had 2 more sets of this kind of bites. One fish pulled the float down so i could just see a bit of the red, i struck into thin air. I put in a bit more bait and walked up the bank to get a bit more distance as the bank goes out a bit further out. I cast out further past the sedges with in a few minutes i was getting knocks on the float again. I held the rod and waited for the float to disappear from view, the float stud up and then went across the surface, pulled down to nearly all gone and then disappeared from view. I struck and there was a swirl on the surface under where the float had just disappeared. The rod bent over and the fished kited to the right trying to go towards the sedges with side strain the fish swirled on the surface and only just did not get in the sedges. After that the fish swung round to the left and headed out into open water and held out there for a good while. Slowly i pumped the fish in it then went up and down the margins. These fish fight hard for there size i got it in the net unhooked it and then put it back, it was a round the 6lbs mark. I put the float back out the wind changed a round and was then pulling the float away from the area i was trying to cover. So i put a leger out to just past where i was float fishing Near dark i had a pull on the leger as i was watching the end of the rod, i struck and the water erupted, i played a very energetic fish which went everywhere. It was long and lean and built for speed, it took me a good while to get the fish near the margins, where it then proceeded to charge up and down. Eventually i managed to get it over the net and eventually bundled it in. It was a long lean fish built for speed about 8lbs. After that i fished into the dark but had no more action. A first day back after carp, so a good day. Tight lines stokecarper12