the f.a.l rig has any 1 heard of it befor use by ron buss

beeso

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So its another re-named/re-invented rig that has been used before then? :wink::lol::lol:

Been using them for over 15years! . Using either Tubing and a Rubber Bead or straight on the Mainline using the DAM Float Stops!

And you`re suprised by this!!!!! :roll::roll:

No Mate, Not Really!

Just saddened more than anything, saddened that people are searching for Publicity by using something thats been used for years and claiming it as their own NEW idea :evil::cry:

So its another re-named/re-invented rig that has been used before then? :wink::lol::lol:

Been using them for over 15years! . Using either Tubing and a Rubber Bead or straight on the Mainline using the DAM Float Stops!

And you`re suprised by this!!!!! :roll::roll:

No Mate, Not Really!

Just saddened more than anything, saddened that people are searching for Publicity by using something thats been used for years and claiming it as their own NEW idea :evil::cry:

And on the back of another one with a carp fishing dvd to sell,coincedence??? I don`t think so. :roll:

• 2 months later...

Agree with you Nick. I first seen this "shocker" type rig publicised in Carp World by an angler called Chris Haswell, like you said maybe 15 years ago.

I know it was published before that as well in Hutchy's The Carp Strikes Back, which is circa 1983. Chris Haswell admitted that he had heard of it before publishing it. Danny Farebrass published it in The Korda Rig Guide which is at least 10years old(?)

• 1 month later...

salokcinnodrog wrote:

So its another re-named/re-invented rig that has been used before then?

it wasnt he was given you hints and tips and people like you are no were close to a top angler like him have 2 rip it owt of him whats the point ???

salokcinnodrog wrote:

it wasnt he was given you hints and tips and people like you are no were close to a top angler like him have 2 rip it owt of him whats the point ???

Excuse Me?

First point, check your grammar, it makes posts easier to read and understand!

Second Point, Me, Top Angler? I have little Desire to be a Famous Top Angler. I go fishing for my own reasons. To get away from the Terrors of my Personal Life, to relax, and because I enjoy fishing. If I catch its a Bonus. I put my own effort in. I compete on MY OWN TERMS! I also don't fish the same waters or have quite the same want of Publicity. Ron Buss is a Good Angler, he has caught more Big Fish than I ever have. He also has the backing of some mighty powerful sponsors and again Good Luck to him.

Third Point, I was pointing out that I have been using that same sort of rig for over 15years. Its also called a Shock rig, Running Shocker Rig, and probably more names depending on where its used.

Fourth Point, Check out the other people who have seen this rig before it was re-named and re-published.

Forgive the sarcasm, I have a habit of it every now and again.

salokcinnodrog wrote:

Excuse Me?

First point, check your grammar, it makes posts easier to read and understand!

Second Point, Me, Top Angler? I have little Desire to be a Famous Top Angler. I go fishing for my own reasons. To get away from the Terrors of my Personal Life, to relax, and because I enjoy fishing. If I catch its a Bonus. I put my own effort in. I compete on MY OWN TERMS! I also don't fish the same waters or have quite the same want of Publicity. Ron Buss is a Good Angler, he has caught more Big Fish than I ever have. He also has the backing of some mighty powerful sponsors and again Good Luck to him.

Third Point, I was pointing out that I have been using that same sort of rig for over 15years. Its also called a Shock rig, Running Shocker Rig, and probably more names depending on where its used.

Fourth Point, Check out the other people who have seen this rig before it was re-named and re-published.

Forgive the sarcasm, I have a habit of it every now and again.

PMSL i wouldnt want to see you in a fight nick

Pat its good to see that they are trying to integrate you into society.

Gordan shame on you picking on the wee dafty

I think the Fal rig was one old Ronny (Bless him) forgot about, lets not forget he has been carp fishing some 40 years. And the state of his barnet shows he was one of the first to use the hair rig lol

He certainly has not re-invented or re named any of his rigs, as he is worth far more than that in the public eye, lets leave those antics to todays wannabees not yesterdays pioneers of fishing.

40 years catching carp lads is not to be knocked, this chap started out fishing spuds, sleeping on sacks under trees just like Yates and all our other fishing heros from the past, I was there the day Ronnie chucked a young Terry hearn out his club water so there is very little that can mar this mans fishing profile when it comes to his honesty and integrity.

His dvd has nothing to do with selling a fal rig or bigging up his sponsors like most consultants are expected to do. Its a fishing history where tales of redmire ledgends (in quest of bigger fish!!!) fished in Ronnies back garden at the ponds in Send in addition to some outstanding fishig achievements for both charity, club and personal fishing pride.

The Fal syndicate was an article written, the shocker or fal rig or what ever just a simple running bolt rig was named as it was used to very good sucess on this top UK venue .

come on chaps we all like to have our facts right

Happy new year to you all

:lol:

I think the Fal rig was one old Ronny (Bless him) forgot about, lets not forget he has been carp fishing some 40 years. And the state of his barnet shows he was one of the first to use the hair rig lol

He certainly has not re-invented or re named any of his rigs, as he is worth far more than that in the public eye, lets leave those antics to todays wannabees not yesterdays pioneers of fishing.

40 years catching carp lads is not to be knocked, this chap started out fishing spuds, sleeping on sacks under trees just like Yates and all our other fishing heros from the past, I was there the day Ronnie chucked a young Terry hearn out his club water so there is very little that can mar this mans fishing profile when it comes to his honesty and integrity.

His dvd has nothing to do with selling a fal rig or bigging up his sponsors like most consultants are expected to do. Its a fishing history where tales of redmire ledgends (in quest of bigger fish!!!) fished in Ronnies back garden at the ponds in Send in addition to some outstanding fishig achievements for both charity, club and personal fishing pride.

The Fal syndicate was an article written, the shocker or fal rig or what ever just a simple running bolt rig was named as it was used to very good sucess on this top UK venue .

come on chaps we all like to have our facts right

Happy new year to you all

:lol:

Very eloquent and well put!

Also I need to clarify a Point I made. I said I don't have the same want of Publicity. What I should have said is that I don't want Publicity.

I never put Ron Buss down, as I said his Sponsorship is down to his Integrity and honesty and in Him I trust. I remember reading some of his articles in the Big A4 Catalogue/Magazine that Gardner used to produce. I would actually look forward to the Gardner Newsletter/Mags.

As for the articles he has written for Magazines, again they tend to be on what works for him.

I wonder if the FAL rig was renamed by the person who edited or proofread the article or it was just a catchphrase that was then used to name the rig?

I.e Its "my flick it out and leave" and the person editing re-named it for him.

The FAL rig is not a new rig unlike the pebble rig, I dare say it will not be long before someone claims to have invented that!

The FAL rig fell foul to his writing on his fishing as a syndicate member, the rig used was something he tinked with and named due to the "FAL culture" on that venue .

FAL is not really his style at all, he is constantly tinkering with baits and rigs, casting out every 20 mins in most cases and results in some very good fish capures.

When he does get the chance his writing is some of the best I have read, the trouble is with his sponsorships and consultancies he is expected to mention products and method applications where used.

I too get fustrated when reading this companys swivel and that companys hook on that make of rod, especially when they are mostly all out of the same factories in china.

I proof read, edited and typed up his FAL adventure with little addition, one I think he thoroughly enjoyed, FAL was Ronnies rig as are several more famous ones under other peoples names.

Lets hope he gets pen to paper very soon

I was there the day Ronnie chucked a young Terry hearn out his club water

Catbusster come on why was he kicked out?

A wee bit of celeb gossip, spill the beans.

I dont think you could do what Hearn has done without bending the odd rule.

Just before anyone shouts at me i still think he is genius.