can i use plain flour for making boilies?

Nah not that hungry. Not the sort of lake i blank on much though :P

If you want hungry carp there's a lake near me about 4 acres with over 3000 carp in it. Won't go into that though :)

But seriously, i wouldn't put down a good 50/50 mix. It will catch anywhere when used properly

If you want hungry carp there's a lake near me about 4 acres with over 3000 carp in it. Won't go into that though :)

But seriously, i wouldn't put down a good 50/50 mix. It will catch anywhere when used properly

May do, but won't do the fish much long term good :wink:

And you may avoid catching the bigger fish as well who don't feed on sight or "taste", but rather on nutritional recognition.

Out of the Big fish waters in Suffolk I have caught far more on a good bait than on a "pile of junk" 50/50 mix. :wink:

I used to make paste as a kid out of flour and water for rudd, and even for them after a while they would learn to avoid it.

May do, but won't do the fish much long term good :wink:

And you may avoid catching the bigger fish as well who don't feed on sight or "taste", but rather on nutritional recognition.

Out of the Big fish waters in Suffolk I have caught far more on a good bait than on a "pile of junk" 50/50 mix. :wink:

I used to make paste as a kid out of flour and water for rudd, and even for them after a while they would learn to avoid it.

Yeah i moved away from 50/50 baits soon after i learnt about nutrition and "this smells nice to me so it must to carp" syndrome

• 4 weeks later...
If you used self-raising flour.....would you get pop-ups?

I'll get my coat.....................

Ian

I'll bet you were grinning like a cheshire cat when you typed that :lol:

You know me far too well. You are, of course, quite right :lol:

Ian

• 6 years later...

If you used self-raising flour.....would you get pop-ups?

I'll get my coat.....................

Ian

I used self raising wholemeal today in my first boilie attempt tested one shortly after boiling and it sank rather than floating. looking forward to testing them on the lake. Just chilli ginger & carrot for colour not expecting much but good practice for my next batch which will be white chocolate & coconut :)