chris's carp diary

1chris1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are a few pics of the lakes at fish pond farm

borrom lake / 2-3 acre / carp been cought up to 28lb (my fav out the 2)

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

roadside lake / 1-2 acre / carp been cought over 35lb (hard water)

DSC00354.jpg

stock pond at the right

DSC00353.jpg

chris

(sorry about the pic quality)

hiya lads.i have been for a day session on the bottom lake at fish pond farm today.there was 2 other anglers on the lake,they both blanked.i cought 3 alltogeather,the biggist was about 7lb,all of them were cought on double fake corn over a bed of spod mix.

pic of my swim (red spots = where i was casting)

005-2.jpg

pics of the fish i cought

006-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

chris

hiya lads,i have been to one of my local coarse fishing ponds,watermill farm, i used to carp rods both on the same rigs as i use at fish pond farm,the only thing i did different was i used a groundbait feeder instead of a lead.the only bait that i put out was the breadcrumb and corn in the feeder.i only had one.it was about 6lb,i did not bother takeing a pic as it was in bad condition.

ths swim i fished.

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

chris

hiya lads,i have been for a day on the bottom lake at fish pond farm.i had 3 rods out all on korda running rigs,i had double corn on 2 and a boilie on 1,all i put a quater KG of spod mix around each rig.i landed one and lost one.

the swim i was fishing-red spots = where i was casting

001-2.jpg

all morning it was ovely and sunny

002-2.jpg

at about 12 it desided to rain[:(!]

003-2.jpg

i cought this about 2 mins after it had stoped raining

006-3.jpg

chris

Another quick tip for you mate, if the red spots are where you are fishing to from the swim you are taking the picture from, you should try and point your rods more towards the spots. Works wonders for indication and may get you an extra fish or two onto the bank :mrgreen:

Another quick tip for you mate, if the red spots are where you are fishing to from the swim you are taking the picture from, you should try and point your rods more towards the spots. Works wonders for indication and may get you an extra fish or two onto the bank :mrgreen:

+1 i didn't even look at that myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:D:D:D:D AT LAST :D:D:D:D

fish pond farm has thawed out, i have just spoke to the owner (john) and he said its finaly thawed out so i have booked a day on monday. he said no one has fished it sinse 2 week befor xmas and there has been no bait put in.

how should i fish it??? should i do what i was doing last year, fake corn over a small bed of spod mix or should i use fake corn with single pva bags and not spod mix???

chris

:D:D:D:D AT LAST :D:D:D:D

fish pond farm has thawed out, i have just spoke to the owner (john) and he said its finaly thawed out so i have booked a day on monday. he said no one has fished it sinse 2 week befor xmas and there has been no bait put in.

how should i fish it??? should i do what i was doing last year, fake corn over a small bed of spod mix or should i use fake corn with single pva bags and not spod mix???

chris

Well although there has been no bait put in, i wouldnt recommend spodding, too much of a risk, last thing you want to do is put them off. Small pva bags should be fine enough.