how many rods

1chris1

at the mo i use 3 but from my next session i will be using 2.and you will be a very looky lad to get 3 fish on at once :lol::roll::lol:

Had it happen this season on a runs water, all 3 on at once, luckily had a mate there and landed all three. Cast all three bk out and within 15mins had 2 on at the same time straigh after.

Runs water FTW :D

how many carp rods would you use on a 2 acre runs water? two or three?

why is 1 rod not an option??

Why would you want to fish one? when you can double your chances by placing the 2nd rod in the margin or out of the way of the other rod?

:roll:

only a blinkered bivvy dweller that only has one string to their bow would say that :P

how many carp rods would you use on a 2 acre runs water? two or three?

why is 1 rod not an option??

Why would you want to fish one? when you can double your chances by placing the 2nd rod in the margin or out of the way of the other rod?

:roll:

only a blinkered bivvy dweller that only has one string to their bow would say that :P

Well why not say why dont you do stalking ?

because its not just stalking where one rod out fishes 2 or more,floater fishing i only use one.on a 2 acre lake the middle cant be much further out than the margin,so less is more+ if others are fishing that could be alot of lines, alot of leads crashing.

doubling or tripling your chances makes sense on a tricky water where 1 or 2 runs in 24hrs is all you may get. not when they are jumping in your net

you put 100% effort into 1 rod. when your stalking the margins you dont cast another to the middle to increase your chances to you.

so in reverse its not a hinderance just means your not focus 100% on the rod where the fish are, unless theyre in the margin, then why cast out to the middle :D

we are talking about a 2 acre runs water dont forget

at the mo i use 3 but from my next session i will be using 2.and you will be a very looky lad to get 3 fish on at once :lol::roll::lol:

yes indeed you would be a lucky lad but by having 3 baits out in the water you run the chance a small one yes but you have a chance ! do you honestly think you could handle three rods all on the run in 2 acres of water at once ? two takes practice three is dam hard work ! :lol::roll::roll:

2 or more isnt a problem, most the time.

im sure im not the only angler that knows sometimes 2 rods doesnt double your chances it can halve it.

chris asked if he should use 2 or 3, i found it strange, but then i started coarse fishing using only 1 rod and blanks were rare ,only after getting into carp fishing did i feel that extra rods were needed,mainly as i didnt have a clue and wanted to up my chances and have fewer blanks.

but if i feel im really in tune with a water then im happy to use 1 rod.just i dont get that feeling very often :cry:

Most of the small waters I fish are actually a 2 rod limit, so I have to stick to 2 :P

On such a small water I can't see the point of using any more than 2 anyway, and as Beanz has said, 1 is often enough, especially when stalking. On such a small venue if I can I prefer to walk around fishing just 1rod stalking, floater fishing and/or setting areas up for later.

I've actually had better results on the Park lake using just 1 rod. I'll leave the Bivvy boys to blank in the double swim (although they'll soon be gone, as most are fair weather anglers), and just take my 1 stalking rod down for a couple of hours day or night and catch a few in that limited time.

I do actually set up 3 rods on the Syndicate lake, but only fish 2. The 3rd is set up so that if I need to recast I can simply attach a pva mesh or bag and then put it straight out after reeling one of the other rods in.

My current fishing set up means I take the 3 SP's and the Marker rod, the Spod rod stays at home; spodding is banned on the little lake, although if or when I move onto the other lakes on the venue I can go back to 3 and the spod and the marker rods as well.

Beanz has a really good point, often overlooked. Personally, on tricky waters I don't think that "more is better" - I actually reckon the more lines in the water, the more it can work against you. I've fished a rock-hard water, where a bite a year is good going, and whilst I could've used 3 rods, I'd never use more than 2 for that very reason. There's no way of proving it for sure, but I reckon had I used a 3rd rod, I'd probably have had fewer bites. Worth thinking about.