drayton reservoir

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

i have fished drayton a few times i go there if i've blanked a few times just to get a run and yes if you don't bag up there give up :D pegs 14-29 and 88-104 good pegs you can fish under your rod tip after 4pm with just sweetcorn if you get it right 1 rod is enough as you will defo get double takes :D i have had to get my m8 to land fish on other rod every time i have been and i've had to do the same for him,on one occasion there was 4 of us in row with 8 fish on at same time pure madness lines everywhere :?:?

don't use spod not really needed use method or pva bags i usually catapult about 30 small balls ov ground bait out then just wait :D and fish method over top of it and keep feeding in front of you put a line on it later in day,and hang on to your rod the runs are screamers but although decent average 12-15lb fish most have deformed mouths :(

worse day 11 fish best day 42 fish this really is a runs water with flat sand clay bottom,the only snags really are the boards under you :lol: if they get under there forgett it :lol: i have never night fished it tho as you couldn't get a bivvy up but i think there is about 10 pegs with room 4 bivvy's now maybee more check for details

drayton info

• 2 weeks later...
White is the colour for baits from what i remember. I took a mate to show him some stuff and get him fishing. High attract groundbait on a method and a white off the hook is lethal. That was 2 years back now though. :lol:

yes steve ringers white shelfish bollies 10mm do tne damage

• 4 weeks later...
i have had all the big fish out of there , there used to call me the terminator, down there a few years back . if you want any tips on fishing it ask me i am the man to ask. belive

check out cabbages first post......he,s askin you, so spill....lmao

i have had all the big fish out of there , there used to call me the terminator, down there a few years back . if you want any tips on fishing it ask me i am the man to ask. belive

check out cabbages first post......he,s askin you, so spill....lmao

Check out the date of that post. I suspect he knows by now :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is drayton still as good and easy nowadays ive not been in years and looking to get on a easyish venue to gain some confidence back after drawing a blank on my last 5 outings at local venues lol, so basically is it still worth the 2 hour trip it takes to get there

many thanks