Town Parks Fishery, Totnes

dst

I have searched through forum entries to see if there is any info regarding this fishery and have found a few bits from approx 2 years ago. Can anyone out there please offer any up to date information regarding the venue?

Have a week's holiday in October and intend to spend some of it in Devon. Ideally my brother and I are looking at doing the Thursday through Friday at Town Parks, on the 'Specimen' lake and would really appreciate any info.

• 2 years later...

I spent a bit of time down there a couple of years ago but not really fished it since as it's not my thing though a mate of mine does fish it every now and again.

Theres a big bar that runs from the island to the smaller islands on the left hand side of the lake (from the shop) and this can often be a good place to start putting a bait at the bottom rather than on top with a boilie that they sell on site.

My favourite peg was 10 which has the main island and a deep hole off to the left to fish to (always done ok here.) A bait boat is an advantage if your fishing to the island as the fish tend to mainly take baits that are very close to it.

Carp wise i'm not sure what the biggest fish is but the average around 13lb. They can be quite moody fish at times but I think this is probably due to the pressure.

There are quite a few cats present though I only ever managed a small one of about 7lb. I think they go upto 40lb ish but am not sure. There's no dead baiting allowed but the cats will quite happily pick up Halibuts and Boilies and I believe the record came out on corn :shock:

Its quite small around 1.5acres and muddy in colour. It's quite well looked after and Jerry the owner is a nice bloke and will help you out where he can. Hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andyrowland

Hi

I regulary fish Town Parks , at least twice a year and travel down from Birmingham.

The caro go very close to 30lb and the is a very good head of 20lb plus un there and the cats go up to 50lb.It is a nice clean venue and local takeaways will deliver to your peg ( lazy I know ) and the owner is more than helpful. I have 2 sessions planned for there later on in the year

Andy