Bosmere FMS

alanp

Anyone had any joy on there this year?

6 weeks fishing by 2 of us on bosmere and 20 carp caught 8 of which were 20+ and the biggest was split lin at 28lb10oz(yes bob it was weighed correctly).

shame we lost a few also but barbless hooks are the rules even if i dont agree with them but thats another thread

all fish were caught on day sessions only.

Bosmere is an easy water if you know what your doing and a really nice place to be.We did start getting a few repeat captures so have decided to move on quicker than we thought we would.

The current bailiff told us he reckons there is about 35 carp in there and i think he aint far out

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28+ for Split lin.......nice, those fish have been fed again then by the sound of things, with 8 20+ I reckon a few that were heading to 20 have done it then as there were only 6 I could get, I would be surprised if single scale and Lumpy aren't 20 now.

Might have to jump on there for the winter then and see if I can winkle one or 2 out.

I have been collecting some timber so I will probably see if I can make any platform repairs while I'm there, I havent been down there and baillifing half as much as I'd like, just been strolling round Hill farm and Pick your own as they are on my doorstep.

Your right, if you have half a clue Bozy ain't a hard water, certainly not the headbanger it was, I would say more than 35 fish though but certainly no more than 50.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anybody fished here recently, I walked round the otherday and I've instantly fallen in love with the lake. I'm hopefully going to get a ticket next yr and spend some time down there.

I would like to help maintain the lake/grounds so if any1 can point me in the direction of a balif or fms contact number id be much appreciated

• 4 months later...
any tips on bate at bos for carp

I know in the past it has seen plenty of Trigga and Tails Up Protavit Liver. May be worth pre-baiting with them again as the carp really do get onto them.

Suggestion to use BIG baits as the tench as nice as they are can be a pain, even then, you may still pick up BIG tench, to over double figures

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...