sandhurst lakes yateley

I fish the yateley complex alot, Done a few sessions on sandy, great lake with a chance of bagging a 40. You will have to book in advance as its a busy water , Its had a lot of publicty in the mags lateley so everybody wants to fish it. Its fishing quite slow at the moment i believe so swim choice is your first priority. Try the pipes , island swims , bailiffs, all produce big carp. as for bait maggot , boilies, corn all work well. The same old rules aply to this water, have a good look around, the fish show quite a bit .

I would book a week in advance. like i said its very busy at the moment. I fish the other lakes but they are members only, one of which is next to sandy and apart from one day it was packed.being a day ticket water that is to be expected.I have a contour map but i'm having trouble putting it up. if you pm me with your email address i will send it to you.

I'm fishing the nuserey at the moment, but also fish the split, pump and horse shoe , bit of the river that runs at the back of the match.I only live 10mins away so spend a lot of time either walking the lakes or fishing them. Have been fishing south lake aswell thats fishing well at the moment, better than people are letting on, on the other forum.

i've been to sandhurst a few times now, all swims are capable of producing fish on their day, the carp show themselves a lot but you can't always get on them because the lake is so busy.

the mags have been recommending maggots and maize for what seems like forever which is why i always take a good quality boilie with me as well, all my fish so far have fallen to odyssey xxx but any good bait will work, the water has a lot of big fish and they need to eat so you'll always be in with a chance if you can get on them :wink:8)

i wouldn't bother. before the magazines got hold of this place the lake saw about 5 to 10 anglers mid week. recently the lake is being fished by around 16-20 anglers (mid week)

the design of the lake makes it confined. 20 anglers + 3 rods =60 lines. WAY TOO MUCH FOR ME. i've recently seen a few heated debates over who's in who's water. there's always someone pushing the boundry's with their bait boat.

try bluebell ''kingfisher'' since benson died there's been alot less pressure

like binfield said. try south lake. i've moved onto this water since sanhurst has started to get a hammering. i'm doing well on the south lake. 6 20's in 9 trips. biggest being 28lb.

if you fish south lake then dont forget.......fish the margins. 80% of my fish have come from less than a rod length out. no small baits either. unless you like bream that is.

Yateley Cemex complex has 11 lakes , the match, north and carpark are gold card lakes(syndicate). The pads lake , this is booked on its own for sole use of up to 10 people.Then there is silver permit, nursery,split, pumphouse, horseshoe and summerpit and the river blackwater. Then you have day ticket southlake and sandhurst lake the last 2 anybody can fish.All lakes hold fish over 30lb .The split and match have big catfish also. all lakes are secure with a padlocked gate or combination lock on the dayticket waters.Sandhurst lake is the most popular dayticket water as it holds fish over 40lb , I have been told its booked up untill october.Church farm is not part of yateley, although you can get tickets for it from yateley angling centre, Also close by are frimly pits also part of cemex.