five ways lakes wolvey..

• 4 months later...
hi has anyone fished five ways lakes in wolvey before, think its a caravan site aswell, just wanted to no if its worth going for a carp fish there and how big are the carp in there and do they allow night fishing by appointment? thnx n tight lines..

russ

I Have fished 5 WAYS LAKES plenty of times now infact i am a regular there ur best bet is to use 8mm-12mm Boilies on a size 10-14 hook attached to Leadcore oor a Flurocarbon Leader. Also try to use Light line such as 8lb to 12lb if Possible. Maggots are also a Very effective Bait at 5 ways on the Carp pool and the match pool. The Biggest i have had Currently up to date out of there is 17lb common Carp. There are some good fish in the lake up to about 22lb that i know of.

hi there, thanks for your reply mate. I forgot about this thread, iv drove past five way alot of times and never had the chance to pop in and have a look around,Iv not fished this winter at all, im always looking for a new venue.. when The weather warms up i shall give five ways ago, do you no if there is night fishing and what are ticket prices? thnx for your advice.

russ

, do you no if there is night fishing and what are ticket prices? thnx for your advice.

russ

Yes Night Fishing is available just turn up on the bank boss will come round to take in the money just say can i do 24 hours Please etc...

i would also suggest fishing in the centre of the carp lake where there is a little open strech of water inbetween the islands this is a very Good peg when the weather warms up...

if fishing in the winter i suggest you fish down the bottom end of the lake where the lake is at its deepest and thats where the carp like to group around.

• 12 years later...