Twig Rig

richchappy

Guest Anonymous

It looks like aquarium plants to me not very realistic at all. For a few years now we have been using camo rigs in the margin while stalking or fishing at close range. just whip or use float rubbers etc to attach your hooklink to twigs, reeds etc just try to make sure the hooking of the rig isnt affected at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There was an article on rigs Camouflaged with real weed from the water published in CarpWorld years ago.

I've done this on a couple of waters to hide hooklinks in the past.

When tying the rig catch a strand of the weed under your knotless knot and at the swivel end tie it to the swivel loop with a piece of fine nylon :wink:

• 1 month later...
i wrapped a bit of reed around my hooklink with leadwire for a bit of stalking... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME... i would've one better sittin in my bivvy behind my buzzers... playin the waitin game

lol so i take it you didnt catch i think when stalkin your better to hide your hook in a worm i cut the head bit of it and then thread the hook down the worm and then just pull the point out of the side