The Carp Strikes Back, by Rod Hutchinson

salokcinnodrog

I honestly cannot remember when I bought this book, what I do know is that it is a great read, and a book I pick up regularly. For bait making ideas and understanding, and also for rigs and his fishing.

Rod Hutchinson is in no way a classical writer like Chris Yates, and freely admits that he is an angler trying to write, not a writer who goes fishing. However because he admits his faults you feel you are reading a real persons book.

Great book, read it several times. Really funny the part about Big R & Little H GUESTING :lol::lol::lol:

Agreed :lol:

I read this book a few months back and would highly recommend it.

He does go quite deep into baitmaking in parts which goes over my head but its still interesting to read. There's loads of funny parts like people blanking for days, he turns up and has a couple in 30 minutes then leaves them to it :lol:

• 2 months later...
Great book, read it several times. Really funny the part about Big R & Little H GUESTING :lol::lol::lol:

Due to the severe lack of waters to fish in here in the veritable 'carp desert' of Western Australia, I'm forced into having to "guest" some very dodgy places indeed. When I do, I can't help but think of some of the escapades that Hutchy got up to in this brilliantly funny book.

It is a permanent addition to my bookshelf, and I get a bit of a 'tear-in-eye' feeling of homesickness every time I read it, as it's serves a reminder of some awesome times I spent fishing in the UK during the 1970's and 80's.

Thumbs up for this classic carp book Rod :D

Katfish AKA Niblet

• 5 months later...

I have been looking for a copy of one of Rods books since I swapped it for a steak dinner for 2 and 20 Francs back in 1989 with the owner of Chez Pierre which is the name of a Cafe on the South arm of Lac de san Cassiene.

I am pretty sure it was the "Carp strikes back" I read it several times before I swapped it and it was a brilliant read. The reason I want a copy is because I shouldn't have really swapped it because it wasn't mine, and I would like to return the copy to a good mate who is still annoyed with me.

Can anyone confirm it was this book, I have tried the book reviews on amazon and ebay but the info on the contents is very sketchy. If it was this book Rod spent a few weeks fishing Cassiene and had some amazing stories and catches.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i agree this is a great book , very handy for baiting and rigs , ive just bought a nice first edition and have just put my 1986 copy on ebay , does anyone know of a carp book called carp waters run deep (think thats the title) from around 1970s i used to have a copy and cant find any info on it , im sure it was privately published

I honestly cannot remember when I bought this book, what I do know is that it is a great read, and a book I pick up regularly. For bait making ideas and understanding, and also for rigs and his fishing.

Rod Hutchinson is in no way a classical writer like Chris Yates, and freely admits that he is an angler trying to write, not a writer who goes fishing. However because he admits his faults you feel you are reading a real persons book.

Would you say it's the best Carp fishing book you've read?

• 1 month later...
I have been looking for a copy of one of Rods books since I swapped it for a steak dinner for 2 and 20 Francs back in 1989 with the owner of Chez Pierre which is the name of a Cafe on the South arm of Lac de san Cassiene.

I am pretty sure it was the "Carp strikes back" I read it several times before I swapped it and it was a brilliant read. The reason I want a copy is because I shouldn't have really swapped it because it wasn't mine, and I would like to return the copy to a good mate who is still annoyed with me.

Can anyone confirm it was this book, I have tried the book reviews on amazon and ebay but the info on the contents is very sketchy. If it was this book Rod spent a few weeks fishing Cassiene and had some amazing stories and catches.

Thanks in advance.

massively late reply but this is carp now and then by hutchie. another good one with funny stories and lots of technical bits.

• 5 years later...