What are the best hooks ?

insanity

Right so am i the only one who has never had a single problem with korda hooks? Use both the Wide Gape, and Choddy a lot and since using one i have never had a single hook not be ultra sharp straight out the the packet, never had one open out, never had one snap, and never had one blunt without reasonably cause.

I don't use Korda hooks exclusively, but i do use them a hell of a lot. Other patterns i love: Kamazan B175, original Raptor G-4, and Carp 'R Us short shank nailer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a lot of hooks giving me issues- but the fish that I have been using them for are a little bigger than the average. Ive had several Korda's open out on me, two owner MUtu's where the eye opened and esp raptors bent out of shape. I can however recomend Raptor Big T's and solar stronghold longshanks. I have landed carp to 80lb on the esp's and arapiama to 300lb on the solars.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Right so am i the only one who has never had a single problem with korda hooks?.

i have been using korda for a while now and i have never had any problems with them at all?? :? every one in every pack has always been razor sharp, never bent or snapped??

im tempted to try the fox as everyone seems to recommend.... problem is, if the korda's are performing well with no issues, i havent really got a valid reason to change?? :?:roll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah mate ive had the same problem with then raptors!

Ever since that happened ive switched over to korda hooks, wide gapes in particular. And i have seen a dramatic improvment, the raptors tend to be fairly 'shiny' and korda hooks have a low profile coating wich helps discise the hook on the lake bed.

So thats my choice of hook. :D

• 3 weeks later...
gardner mugga always hold solid for me on pop ups, however im suprised nobody has mentioned nash fang twister, sharpest hooks ive seen. The whole korda range are rubbish and very prone to hookpulls which ive witnessed, just my oppinion though

i'm sorry but that is an unnfair comment to make. The korda wide gape is the most used carp hook on the market,and i haven't yet (touch wood) dropped a fish on a sharp wide gape.

i no you are entitled to your opinion but i thought saying they're rubbish is a bit unfair.

gardner mugga always hold solid for me on pop ups, however im suprised nobody has mentioned nash fang twister, sharpest hooks ive seen. The whole korda range are rubbish and very prone to hookpulls which ive witnessed, just my oppinion though

i'm sorry but that is an unnfair comment to make. The korda wide gape is the most used carp hook on the market,and i haven't yet (touch wood) dropped a fish on a sharp wide gape.

i no you are entitled to your opinion but i thought saying they're rubbish is a bit unfair.

Lots of people slate Korda hooks, some people love them and some hate them.