What are the best hooks ?

insanity

Never had a fox arma hook let me down, had plenty of korda ones do it though

Hmm since starting back last month i have probably caught 30 fish upto 17lb and only had one that pulled at the net and one that i lost just as i struck but think that was me being laxy putting too long a hair on my rig.

I will be trying these fox arma hooks though as i have heard alot of people use them.

Try a few rigs with the korda wide gape see how you get on

Thats what i always use to use before i the arma points came out, other thing is every pack of fox ones ive bought i dont remember ever getting a blunt ishh one in the pack but with the korda it was every pack and at least 2 or 3 hooks per pack. I do like the wide gapes and do still use them every now and then for surface fishing etc but just accept that when i buy a pack i aint going to get 10 that are razor sharp

i have fished armo points for the last couple of seasons and havn't had one let me down thus far!!

i hava had simmilar experiences with Korda hooks as stated above and find they just dont hold the point like the armo's. 99.999999% of the time when you take an Armo point out it's pretty little box it's razor sharp and ready to go!!

:wink:

Ok well i am going to pick up a few of these armo hooks.

Which would you suggest to go for when using bottom baits, so something similar to the shape of the korda wide gape?

Had a quick look and i was thinking the SSSP was good as an allrounder hook surface and bottom baits and the SSBP was for pop ups? That abou right?

Ok well i am going to pick up a few of these armo hooks.

Which would you suggest to go for when using bottom baits, so something similar to the shape of the korda wide gape?

Had a quick look and i was thinking the SSSP was good as an allrounder hook surface and bottom baits and the SSBP was for pop ups? That abou right?

Guys, I started using Fox Arma points when our team was sponsored by them, and i have never look back, i use the full range in all sizes and both barbed and barbless patterns, and they have never let me down.

My favavorite patterns are the SR (Stiff Rig) and the LS (longshank) which both have fantastic rig dynamics, and every fish i nail on these are in the net, never had one drop off yet.

I believe they are the best hook out there for various reasons but one of them being the cheap price and getting 10/10 hooks instead of 7-8/10 from other companies....

hiyer.

i have always used e.s.p Raptor hooks, and lately bought the teflon coated ones.

i've had 3 of these bend almost straight....

What are the best hooks to buy ?

Myles.

oh o mate.

your gonna get told off when one of the almighty powerful mods see that you aint searched for "what hook" threads.

grab your tin hat and run for cover.

Quite so!

Different people prefer different patterns as well, so is this any use?

Best Bottom bait hook

anyone on here use Owner hooks ???? any good ?

FLB's are a great 'ook, very strong, you will not snap one of them, and the point is simply awesome. I will say though if you are fishing waters that are silty, and the fish have softer mouthes then they can cut a bit, so be very careful where and when you use them!

I always thought it was spelt "Hiya" :shock::?:roll::lol:

• 1 month later...
Thats what i always use to use before i the arma points came out, other thing is every pack of fox ones ive bought i dont remember ever getting a blunt ishh one in the pack but with the korda it was every pack and at least 2 or 3 hooks per pack. I do like the wide gapes and do still use them every now and then for surface fishing etc but just accept that when i buy a pack i aint going to get 10 that are razor sharp

yer that why danny says to check the hook on underwater 1-1000 cause he knows that 50% need binning before using,

he is a quality mind washing machine , i admit i bought loads of korda products after watching the first dvd :oops:

I like the Fox hooks too. the old Nash fangs used to be the best curve shank on the market but now all of them from all companies have too much of an angle put in on the eye for my liking so dont bother any more.

I used to like some owner hook as they were ultra durable especially on gravel pits.

On barbless waters the gamagatsu g-hards were the dogs nackers but i think the quality has gone down hill in the last few years.

ive always bought korda wide gape in the past but after reading this thread i thought id order some fox arma that everyone is talking about. Well they arrived today & what a difference, omg they are so much sharper than the korda ones, i tried some mustad hooks the other day & again no where near as sharp as these fox arma ones. i know which ones will be going in the bin lol. shame they dont do them in a 12

• 1 month later...