40 litres of maggots and 48hrs

dukeboy998

Ok well i have a 2 night session tomorrow and have just been given a rediculous 40 litres of red and white maggots :roll: having never really fished maggots as a bait for big carp although i am versed with the mag aligner set up. I am just after any offered advice on fishing a large bed of maggots. STUPID question prob but if i don't ask i don't know!

Its free bait and a good bait at that so i don't want to waste it :wink:

I should prob add that the water is a well stocked 23ish acre lake :oops:

Where is this lake mate?

If it was me i would try cork ball with maggots on as a pop up, also the maggot clips. With a large bed of maggots around them, where i would place them in a large pva bag.

I have never used maggots as a method but would be cattying pva bags with maggots on my baited area periodically .

Thats about all i can help on

if it was me mate id freeze a load up and then mix some flavouring with them, cant see you useing that amount so take about 5 litres 3 litres dead and 2 litres alive, the reason id kill them is simple, they stay where you put them and dont crawl away from your rig or crawl into the silt, hope this helps pal and good luck,p.s, id try the medusa rig with it DEADLY :wink:

Lucky you.....

Make up a medusa style rig, utilizing some fake maggots in both red and white, these will float and sit just off bottom or on top of weed.

Then spod maggots over the top, start with a few pints to start with then little and often approach works very well.

As mentioned any left over after the session can be frozen and used in the future for a extra addition to any spod mixes..