Cell

icemaster

Okay I need some help

Decided to try and roll my own bait, having never done it before went for the easy option of using mainline cell base and the activator.

I use about 600g of cell base mix and 20ml of activator with 5 eggs which is pretty much what the instructions say, boiled for 2 minutes

The only problem is that they don't smell of anything and certainly nothing like the shop brought boilies

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

Ice

Can't offer much advice as i've never made my own mainline baits but remember the longer you boil them the more flavour it will remove. Depends obviously what size they are but general rule is 70-90 seconds for 14mm baits. I prefer to boil mine for a lower time so they are lightly skinned and almost paste-like at the core. 500g Cell & 15ml Cell Activator is the stated amount so should be ok.

Guest Anonymous
Okay I need some help

Decided to try and roll my own bait, having never done it before went for the easy option of using mainline cell base and the activator.

I use about 600g of cell base mix and 20ml of activator with 5 eggs which is pretty much what the instructions say, boiled for 2 minutes

The only problem is that they don't smell of anything and certainly nothing like the shop brought boilies

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

Ice

Ice, I certainly wouldn't worry if they look slightly different as that may be your advantage! As for the smell, try them as they are, carp will smell them even if you can't, their sense of smell is far better than ours so by adding flavours till 'you' can smell it, you may well end up with the opposite effect & be repelling them.

Yeah, know what you're saying. But have done really well on the shop brought and wanted to save a bit of cash, after the initial out lay for kit. Anyway left them in the fridge last night and the smell has really come thru. Gonna give them a go next week end, added some white colour to give the washed out look