Fishing in Beds/Herts/Bucks

Hey people, i'm new to the forums, haven't fished much in the last 6-7 years or so and thought this site seemed helpful as part of me getting back into it.

I know there are are a few similar posts (hoping for up to date-ish feedback if possible) but basically I'm looking for any suggestions on where to take my 'in-need of improvement' fishing skills! I live in Luton and have tried out a couple of day tickets (did the night at pixies mere = 1st time fishing again and blanked!, and toddington = had 4 out to around 9lb).

As I'm still re-learning the old tricks I'm looking for any suggestions as to where might be worth a try? Preferably small-medium waters that are not too hard so I can build up the old confidence and remind myself what I'm doing!

Thanks for any help

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Have you had a look at Manor Farm near Biggleswade? I've fished it once - on Winters Lake - and was quite impressed to be honest. It's a newish venue, so will take a few more years to become "established" - but it's well kept, well run and has some very nice fish to go at. The main lake - think they just call it "the carp lake" is apparently full of doubles and not too difficult - this time of year you can expect to catch a couple.

They're cool about you dropping in and having a walk around. Hope that helps.

Have you had a look at Manor Farm near Biggleswade? I've fished it once - on Winters Lake - and was quite impressed to be honest. It's a newish venue, so will take a few more years to become "established" - but it's well kept, well run and has some very nice fish to go at. The main lake - think they just call it "the carp lake" is apparently full of doubles and not too difficult - this time of year you can expect to catch a couple.

They're cool about you dropping in and having a walk around. Hope that helps.

he's right i am a junior season ticket and i reccomend highly, i reccomend the becks lake because it has a lot of double figure fish and a couple of 20's it's a great lake if your looking to catch a couple of carp.

at the moment in the carp lake there are a lot of carp under 5lb and they are a pest no matter what bait you use you will catch them.

if you would like anymore info just ask

tight lines

sam

Luton Ac!!!! what a joke!!! Plenty of waters??? South Lagoon,they wrecked that in past years cut all the tree line down at the golf course side.North House lake(more like pond!!) Great Ouse by South Lagoon(wrecked that aswell).Beckerings(Mud Hole in a farmers field).Along with 2 "new" waters(a small pond and a bit of river)

And they have the cheek to hike the price up to over £60 a year plus charge you an extra £25 if you don't do a work party!!

Much more better waters/clubs around for less.

Oh and to boot,if getting a day ticket on the canal and they ask you for your post code,don't give them it!!! I asked the bailiff what that was for,he said for liabillity insureance.What a load of rubbish,more for sending twaddle to you through the post more like.

Have a look at Milton Keynes Ac and Blunham Ac,much better.

Yeaah the prices are a little silly, but makes for a local water when the syndicate is 2 hours away! And you're right becks is a bit of a hole in the middle of a load of fields, but not a bad place for the odd night session as its only a couple of minutes away, but I'm sorry I offended you :lol: