braided hooklengths

carpking4

i experimented the other night whilst fishing, while catching a few fish on mono 10lb hooklinks i didnt catch a thing on my other rod which was on a green camo braid the lake bed was fairly weedy so i thought the snake bite material might be a good choice so i swapped that hooklink to mono and caught two fish on that rod before i went

why did this happen

:wink::lol::lol:

because you had your rig in the right place at the right time when fish were feeding.

asimples.jpgSIMPLES

Not really as he said he switched the snakebite to mono and then caught 2 fish, so im guessing he had rod in same place. I think snakebite pretty rubbish to be honest. Its really thick and stands out like a sore thumb. But i imagine you caught because mono is less visable than snakebite. Keep it simple and just concentrate on watercraft.

:wink::lol::lol:

because you had your rig in the right place at the right time when fish were feeding.

asimples.jpgSIMPLES

Not really as he said he switched the snakebite to mono and then caught 2 fish, so im guessing he had rod in same place. I think snakebite pretty rubbish to be honest. Its really thick and stands out like a sore thumb. But i imagine you caught because mono is less visable than snakebite. Keep it simple and just concentrate on watercraft.

nah mate, just wasn't fish over his spots. it really is that simple.

there is a science to rigs and how they behave differently to different fish that feed in a different manner, but generally i feel that we dont get sussed like alot of the time we believe, more like they got away with it through feeding the way they do naturally or they just weren't feeding. :wink:

granted that braid can stand out more than mono due to the fact that braid allows no light to pass though it, but seeing everything is one thing and knowing what your seeing is another. :wink:

i have 1oo% confidance in mono hooklinks i use esp ghost 12lb and the presantaion is ace and it will never tangle on cast un like braid so you know your rig should sit nice on the lake bed i do tend to use a supple braided hair so it gives the bait a bit of movment and have had loads of fish banked useing this set up but location is more important than rigs findin that sweet spot under a tree or margin ect where they feed last weekend i fished a local lake and had 5 carp and 1 bream from the same spot right under a over hanging tree carp up to 11lb all on mono hooklinks with supple hair and my super bait (lunchon meat) :wink:

tight lines rich

You will have to wait until someone really in the know comes along to explain the scientific bit cos i dont know. All i do know is that they are both different from one another, they have different properties and flouro is a lot more expensive than mono. Just look at your ESP Ghost spool, it actually says 'Flourocarbon' on the label :lol:

After all, would you pay £5 for a 20m spool of monofilament?

why did this happen

Thats the joys of carp fishing mate!!!

Put it this way, I've hardly used Fluorocarbon or Mono as a hooklink except for Surface fishing (yes Fluoro with Vaseline on it for Surface, minus the last bit near the hook), sticking to Braid (Combi links or straight) and Coated Braid for years. I manage to catch a few fish. It may be a case of picking a braid that matches the Lakebed as much as possible, or it could be the suppleness creates confusion, whatever, to me Braid works and I do a lot better because I have confidence in it than when I use Mono or Flurocarbon :wink:

I think that Fluorcarbon also has slightly less stretch than Mono. Mono is between 18-25% I think, compared to the 15% (ish) of Fluoro