New hook pattern

tonybranno

Righto im currently using ESP barbless Raptors but im becoming increasingly unhappy with them due to them not being quite sharp enough, even straight out of the packet. Im now looking for a new hook pattern. Now they must be barbless due to the rules and regs of my club water. I was thinking of the Korda wide gape B's but what does anyone else use and what do you recommend for standard bottom baits and pop ups?

I have used both fangs and raptors but find the raptors to be the sharpest by far.

Used the korda wides a year back and had problems with them opening up on bigger fish.

Back to the fang, the new packet ones seem to be very thick in the wire for their size and have bigger than normal eyes.

Righto im currently using ESP barbless Raptors but im becoming increasingly unhappy with them due to them not being quite sharp enough, even straight out of the packet. Im now looking for a new hook pattern. Now they must be barbless due to the rules and regs of my club water. I was thinking of the Korda wide gape B's but what does anyone else use and what do you recommend for standard bottom baits and pop ups?

I use Carp-R-Us Barbless Nailers for Bottom Baits and the Longshanks nailers for Pop-ups.

I also still have some B175's which I removed the Barb from for pop-ups.

• 2 weeks later...

The carp r us long shank nailers are seriously sharp and my mate is using them to great effect, i am using the kords long shank x hooks at present after a long spell on nash fang hooks, however the kords range is far far sharper and very dull in colour which i like

Tight lines:)

Ive used Korda hooks for a long while both wide gapes and L/s x's, but find no matter how sharp they are they very easily blunt.

But now after a trip tom France Im going to try the Pallatrax "the hook" very impressed with the hook holds my fishing buddie was getting.