pocahontas lake - heacham

the lake in question has about 200 fish in with most of them koi that goes up to mid twenty`s most are stunning to look at and fight hard i last fished about a year ago it was about £15 for the day i think the best advice is to get a copy of john wilson`s book for norfolk and suffolk and all the detail`s you need are in there hope this help`s

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a lot more fish that 40/50, you can often see shoals of 20/30 fish swimming around. I reckon you are looking at well over 100 carp in there with a lot of them being ghost carp with almost all being over double figure and a lot being 20+. The biggest I am aware of is just over 27lb. I have had a 24lb personally and several other 20's so far this season and plenty ranging from 13 - 19lb. There are a lot of big bream in there as well up to 13lb. It is only really weedy for a couple of months in the summer and that has died down now so there is now only a little weed on the bottom in places. It is £17.50 for an overnight 24 hour ticket (3 rods) and I think is well worth it, not just for the fish but the lake itself as it is lovely scenery. I am off there again in the morning and can't wait.

There was about 8 people on Friday night and 5/6 on Saturday night, there aren't usually many people during the week. I had a 17lb Ghosty on Sat with a short day session, was a bit slow Saturday. My mate had 3 Sunday morning and reckons he would have had more if he hadn't had to leave, my other mate had 2 in short session as well.

• 1 month later...

Its got a good 100 carp in minimium. i only fished it a few times there is a good head of 20+ carp in there my mate fished it about 3 nigths a week on average over 6 months he had about 40 fish out and 70% of them over 20lb. All really nice fish good condition. Not an easy water at all but not hard! You need to be patient. its def not a runs water. Gets very busy during summer at weekends. 17. 50pound 24 hours.

• 1 year later...