Haven - Hafan Y mor

Ok guys, this is a long shot but I'm going to Haven Hafan y Mor for a week soon. It's a family holiday, but I'm hoping to sneak in a little fishing. I went there last year, and there is a lake on-site that apparently contains carp, but I can't find any info anywhere.

Has anybody fished it?

• 7 months later...

brought this back up cos im going back at some point this year, as said earlier the fishing lake is totally seperate. I met a guy in april who had been on 2 days and hadnt seen a soul :shock: sounds like my kind of water.

He had caught two fish up to then, biggest mid 20.

Nice dark fish aswell. I think you have to be staying there though,at haven i mean.

Dont any of the welsh lads know anything? its within a couple of miles of a town called Porthmadog.

• 9 months later...

hi. ive just returned from there, and altho i didnt take my rods i spoke to a few blokes whos fished it for the past 8 years. they said that theres lots of high doubles, that are caught quite often and last year a 28ib was pulled out, yet its not been caught this year.(this was confirmed by staff in 1 of the shops) i asked at reception and was told that providing u have your rod licence an theres no liitter, noise etc its fine to fish (if youre staying on the site). its a beautiful lake with 3 islands, altho the swans can be a but of a nuisance! im going again next summer and will definately be taking my rods with me!!

so good luck an tight lines fellas

• 6 years later...
On 18/05/2009 at 15:02, starflex said:

Ok guys, this is a long shot but I'm going to Haven Hafan y Mor for a week soon. It's a family holiday, but I'm hoping to sneak in a little fishing. I went there last year, and there is a lake on-site that apparently contains carp, but I can't find any info anywhere.

Has anybody fished it?

I know it's to late to reply, but I'm an owner and I've caught carp to just over 21lb . There is loads of fish but not easy! Pre-bait a must!

IMG_5011.PNG

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...