Help with rigs

by my username you can obviously tell my new to carp fishing.

But what i would like is some help with rigs. Would there be anybody willing to tie me some SAFE rigs.

At the minute, i am not confident with making the some what complicated rigs. I stick to my inline ledgers & inline flat bed method feeders just to ensure that if the carp breaks the line that the ledger or feeder will fall off and the carp will only be trailing the hook length which will eventually rot off.

Fish safety is my number 1 priority when i'm fishing and i can't understand why some people use some of the appauling rigs i've seen pictures of on here.

If anyone would be willing to tie me some rigs, and ill pay for the parts via paypal , please hit me up a PM or reply to this :)[/b]

you don't need to do that mate. i personally believe the safest set up is a running rig. now for the rig just start off with a 6inch knotless knot hair rig and work your way up. once you understand more about rig mechanics and the way the carp feed in your desired lake, you can then make adjustments accordingly. just pop your lead on the line, followed by tubing of your desired length and then a tulip bead of some sort to fit the tubing into. then all what you need to do is tie your mainline directly to the hooklink swivel.

Ok lets get one thing straight mate and im not having a dig at you personally ok?. Im sure you have an enthusiasm for carp angling and i take it at the moment your mind is like a sponge for information so you are grabbing anything to read up on the subject, either from the internet or the monthly magazines.

Now please DONT be swayed by the magazines by thinking that you need the most complicated rig imaginable to catch a carp..... You dont. And i would seriously think again about paying for people to make your hooklinks for you. A part of angling is doing these "basic" things yourself. If you dont do them, how are you going to learn?

Goto your local tackle shop, buy a good braided hooklink material and a packet of decent hooks and learn the knotless knot. It is very easy to tie and if your knots fail then you only have yourself to blame.

I actually don't buy magazine's that much, and i've always been swayed away from some of the rigs that they've shown in there, this was actually some of the 1st bit of information one of the my club lake members gave me.

I already have some Fox braided hair rigs, which i have faith in( never had a problem with them).

i'm confident with the running ledgers etc....and fortunately i have never had a break off with a fish on

I already have some Fox braided hair rigs, which i have faith in( never had a problem with them).

Then instead of buying them, use the cash to get your own materials and tie your own. That way you will not be limited to the set length of the hooklink or hair of the hooklinks you are buying and you will be able to tailor your own hooklinks to any fishing situation you come across.

Our club lake baliff often like's to check rigs, and on one occasion he said my rigs were perfect for our water, the braided fox hair rigs were spot on he said.

But when i start to drive then i'll be explorer more waters and want to up my knowledge on rigs and everything so im prepared for whatever rigs are used on a different lake etc...

Why change what you are doing at the moment, you have confidence in the rig, and it is putting carp on the bank.

As mentioned on here, trial and error is the way to go.

Me and others from the Fox RAF Carp team will be at the Fox Fishing show at Farnborough on the 1st and 2nd August. And would certainly help showing you how to tie a few different rigs.

I find that the carp on my lake start surfacing and breaching the water by jumping out at around 8 oclock.

I'm going on tuesday so i'll probably bait up on the monday with the groundbait i'm going to be using on my inline method feeder.

I'm going to be using a groundbait mixed with some home made chilli sauce, trout pellets, some chilli pellets and a little bit of hemp.

Hopefully it'll help do the deed as ill be using chilli luncheon meat as the bait. I don't know wheather to fry the luncheon meat to make it that more durable.

by my username you can obviously tell my new to carp fishing.

But what i would like is some help with rigs. Would there be anybody willing to tie me some SAFE rigs.

At the minute, i am not confident with making the some what complicated rigs. I stick to my inline ledgers & inline flat bed method feeders just to ensure that if the carp breaks the line that the ledger or feeder will fall off and the carp will only be trailing the hook length which will eventually rot off.

Fish safety is my number 1 priority when i'm fishing and i can't understand why some people use some of the appauling rigs i've seen pictures of on here.

If anyone would be willing to tie me some rigs, and ill pay for the parts via paypal , please hit me up a PM or reply to this :)[/b]

I'll go with what others have said in their posts, learning to tie your own rigs is an important step towards your fishing targets.

To get making your own rigs all you need is a pack of swivels and/or quick links, hooks and a hooklink material, and obviously a pair of Scissors/Braid Blades or nail clippers to cut the hooklink material. Not an essential, but may be useful is Silicon tubing, large enough to go over the eye when you have your hooklink knot or knotless knot and the hook tied on.

I'll give you the link to the Rig Tying Stickies which has a number of pics and a couple of diagrams. While there are some more advanced rigs shown in there, my advice , again, as with others, is Keep it as Simple as possible :wink:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

buy the total carp mag ther is a section on the back telling you how to tie the knotless knot and other common knots used in fishing i tought my cousin usin this diagrams so they do work forgget these stuppied rigs you see people using most experts will tell you a simple lead clip set up will work just tie yor rig to a swivel thread on a tail rubber and a lead clip push the lead clip over the swivel attach you lead on the clip slip the tail rubber over BUT DONT GLUE THE TAIL RUBBER ON THIS IS A COMPLETE NO NO!! look at the thred death rig this will show you what not to do.