Northamptonshire Carping

Does anyone know of any good lakes in the northampton area?

It may be worth defining what you mean by good, numbers of Carp etc, and also a little bit about your experience fishing, so somebody could recommend something suitable :wink:

thanks for the advice guy. I have been Carp fishing for about 14yrs. I would idealy like a lake that has fish to 40lb and has a good average. I dont mind about low stocking levels as I really like the challenge.

I have heard things about Delapre has anyone heard of this place

I have heard things about Delapre has anyone heard of this place

AKA Ransome Road.

Its on a syndicate mate and its just been taken over. Ive heard that there are homeless people actually living at the lake but they keep themselves to themselves. Give Chris a chance to work his magic and this place should be a great place to angle in the future. Ive heard its a very pretty venue as well, but ive not yet had a look but i will soon.

Does anyone know of any good lakes in the northampton area?

One of this splendid forum's moderators, coops_northants, is the man to answer your question. I haven't seen any posts from him for a while, but I know he's a busy man. Why not PM him, in the hope that he picks it up?

Ian

Delepre or Ransome road pit is a nice place, some proper old uns in there. It should see more anglers there over the comming months now. Just a couple things about the place, it used to be a little risky at times with your gear and the people in the area. the car park was at you own risk and the guys who did any real time on there carping wise would boat out to the islands and fish from there as it was better to go home with a million mozzi bites than have your gear stollen or have to defend it against the local yobs.

I fished the place in the past but mainly as a tench water, its brilliant for them. I must say though, i have done nights on there quite a few times and not really had much issue other than the late night ramblers and couples :wink::wink: the odd weirdo standing watching me at 2 in the morning probably checking if i was sleeping so they could do the off with me gear but in the main was a pleasant place :lol:

So much water around here you will find plenty to go at and most have tickets available each year.