What the heck is a chod rig?

fourseasonscarper

Hi everyone i have done a search in this and i can see lots of people talking about them but what on earth IS a chod rig?

Im sitting here right now with a copy of carp talk and there are anglers talking about it in there.

I dont wanna use one, i use running rig's for all of my fishing, its just bugging me!

Cheers

Here you go, basicly it's a heli rig fished on a short stiff curved link and a pop up is the standard bait, the rig is used to fish in silt or weed and the top bead is set to the depth of weed/silt and the rig should slide up to the top bead on the cast:

http://www.google.com/search?q=chod+rig+pics Never used it but I think thats the basics :wink:

Get on the Chod!! Ive caught all my fish this season on the Chod rig! Carp hunt for naturals like Daphnea, shrimps, snails in the weed, especially this time of the year when they need to build up vital protiens etc prior to spawning. You can actually buy these natural foods dried from www.ccmoore.com! Personally i spread bait out over area about 6 meters square using spod or catapult. Get the carp searching around in the weed for your baits and when they come to the choddy they will take it because they dont have to rummage through the weed to find it :)