Multi-Rig D-Rig

tryzard

I used something very similar using an arma point ssbp for pop-ups and a coated braid.

Tied one up with a longshank hook but after suffering a few missed runs and a hook pull i stopped using long shank hooks so i never got round to using that actual rig.

May give it ago when i stop catching on whats working for me at the minuet :)

• 3 weeks later...
Whats the second rig ring for? you have one on the loop which you tie to the pop up and one on the shank under the loop that seams to do nothing :?

If you actually read the instruction with the picture it will tell you why the ring on the shank is used.....

Squeeze the loop together, pass it through the eye of the hook point side, slip the 3mm rig ring over the loop and the 2mm ring onto the shank, the latter acts as a seat for the loop when it's pulled against the eye

Nice one :D Do you still use it? i'm fishing a little snaggy end with loads of leaf litter on the bottom, so thought of using a pop up and a mate recommends this. he say's it can be used on the bottom and on fluorocarbon is he correct? i have tied a few up on different style hooks and different size loops, to see which one works best. im off to a runs water soon so will be able to see which one works best. put it this way use a hair rig, size 10 hook and a 10mm bait, you dont even have time to put the indicator on. lol

I use it all the time.

It is basically a rig for bottom baits but it also works well for popups if you break the coating just below the loop which holds the hook and put your shot/putty behind it.

The rig doesn't work with fluorcarbon as the rig ring which is attached to the hair doesn't slide along the loop effectively.