Setup

richchappy

I have never really liked the wide gapes had one snap on me once and never used one since but this is only my personal opinion i know loadza people that use them with no probs. the hooks i use are mainly e.s.p raptors, e.s.p stiff riggers for my pop-ups and always have some carp r us longshanks in my box :D

Tom

Is this good or bad??

Fox series 1 hook on to 15lb braid in knotless knot with shrink tubing. Figuer of 8 knot on the end. On the main line korda lead clip with rig tubing and quick release swivel. 10lb mainline 2.75lb tc rods.

Wouldn't be my choice, but I don't use Fox hooks or Korda Lead Clips.

It depends what confidence you have in the gear you are using. If you are happy using it then it will work for you.

My personal choice is a Carp-R-Us Nailer, Centurion or Owner FLB knotless knotted with Shrink tube to Mantis Gold, tied at swivel end with Uni knot. Solar Running Lead Clip, 15lbMainline and 2.75 TC rods.

my preferd business end setup would be.

Esp Raptor hook, Esp strip teaze hook link, tied with a knotless knot. With a quick link.

Rig tubing flecked up with a pen, 15lb Daiwa sensor.

I do change from time to time depending on what I'm fishing on, but most of the time go with this as it's what I have the most confidance in.