striping

chris_the_carper

Sorry gentlemen for sounding ignorant but could you explain what is coated braid and what it is used for, my carp fishing outings are zero at the moment as i have just given up my fly fishing for a while, so though i would try my hand at carp fishing.

I have spent some time studying your very helpful pages and decided to sign up.

thankyou.

Sorry gentlemen for sounding ignorant but could you explain what is coated braid and what it is used for, my carp fishing outings are zero at the moment as i have just given up my fly fishing for a while, so though i would try my hand at carp fishing.

thankyou.

Have you done ANY coarse fishing?

thankyou.

It`s just a braid hookling material that has an outer polymer coating on it that can be left on for stiff rigs or stripped back at various lengths for different rig presentation.i.e 1 3rd stripped back and 2 3rds left on will give you a simple combi rig.

If left unstripped it will act like a nylon hooklink.

Bit harsh mate,at least he`s done some fishing and wants to branch out abit,so no I don`t think instsnt carp angler applies.

It is ok Mick1396, i do not mind a bit of mocking, i had the same when i started fly fishing.

My father has some waters and have them for fly fishing, one has some carp which no one has caught, so i thought maybe it was time to try something different.

Thank you for your help.

Guest terrypearce

The words 'instant carp angler' spring to mind!.

With an attitude like yours, I am not suprised some anglers are shy to ask questions. Maybe someone will mock one of your questions one day.

Nice attitude holdontight.