monofilament hooklinks

ronnie021

is possible 3 sections but 2 will be ok. with hollow core it stretches something like 6 times the length of a normal elastic and still manages to pull back in side the pole. so keep it loose if u stretch it with your hands and it doesnt slowly creep pack in the pole tighten it so it does.i would probly fish 6 lb top and 5.5lb bottom, and the hooklenth of just under a foot, put only place dropper shot or style w8s on the hooklength. hope this helps.

is possible 3 sections but 2 will be ok. with hollow core it stretches something like 6 times the length of a normal elastic and still manages to pull back in side the pole. so keep it loose if u stretch it with your hands and it doesnt slowly creep pack in the pole tighten it so it does.i would probly fish 6 lb top and 5.5lb bottom, and the hooklenth of just under a foot, put only place dropper shot or style w8s on the hooklength. hope this helps.

yes this has helped thanks m8.neva used this hollow core so il giv it a go.is this setup suitable 4 fishin tight into the edge n close up2 snags?

well the reason i use it becuse say ur cathin 5lb carp then u hit a 10 lb carp with a normal elastic u will bottom it out causeing a hook pull, but this stuf stretches loads so may be not too good if ur pointing ur pole directly at snags but if ur at the side of em and u can point ur pole away from them then yer its good, its called maver dual core bout 9 quid or if ur fishin str8 to snags or want somethinf for 2 quid then try a number 14 elastic through 3 section but keep it loose.

If you pole angling near margin snags and rushes you dont want holo laccy or hyrdo etc....... far too much strech. you should use a latex through 1 section and tight. The strech in holo would se the fish able to make the snags and hooked up rigs and laccy dont mix very well as to free it you need to pull but once free tyou have a stonfo flying fast in your general direction...... caught one on the back of my hand once.... not pretty and hurt like hell.

correct about the elastic being to stretchy thats why u hav to point the tip away from the snag in the opposit direction infact.

anther good way i use in matches is if ur trying to get a fish in against the wistle get ur top section put it dieretly up in the air grab the elastic, keep the pole up and let the fish pull the elastic. if u hold the pole and let the elastic run between ur index finger(imagine u are casting and ur holding the line just before u punch it out) and the pole this slows the fish and gives it less elastic.

sorry im not very good at explaing things but now u hav a rough idea if u can ask some one about it on ur local water maybe he can help!