A12 lakes Cuton

theloner

Hi all, thought i would pop a post in here. 

It was my first time at the cuton lakes.
I fished the Peg 7 of the specimen 2 lake on a 12 hour session.

I have heard a lot of good things about these lakes so thought i would get down and give them a try.

• Rigs used - Chod rigs with small weight as my casting distance wasn't massive.
  • Tips from others - use the margins of the lakes and some of the over hanging tree lines.
  • Hook Baits Used - High leakage tutti frutti boilie 12mm, cell pop up 14mm, 
  • Free Bait Used - Cut up boilie of various flavours and sizes.

The picture added shows the 3 spots that i concentrated on for the day after arriving around 7.30am. Got all the kit ready bivvy up etc. Walked round to the margins and threw out around 5 handle fulls of bait into the 2 spots on the margins on the left. Once i got back i managed to get the rods out around 5minutes after that on the clip so i hit the spots perfectly.

It was fairly quiet for the first part of the day recasting and baiting every hour to 1.5 hours.

Finally at 1.30pm i had my first run, Lovely powerful fish which felt alot bigger than it was. After weighing it turned out to be a 12lb 5oz fully scaled mirror *Well Chuffed* for the first catch of the year that was awesome.

After that came another small bite of a carp at 6lb 2oz.

Not a massive haul but was good to break in the season with some lovely powerful fish.

anyway if there are any tips on this venue that would be brilliant :)

Cheers

Ryan 

Untitled.png