Korda 4 Seasons PVA

neilscatchin

My apologies if this subject has been breached recently but I've been away for quite a while.I fished last weekend at my local lake much the same as normal but using a new rig coupled with a 2 inch PVA stick.I cast out as normal on Friday night leaving the rigs out until early afternnon Saturday.On reeling in I was horrified to discover that the PVA had only melted about the size of a 5p piece and that the stick was still enveloping the hooklink and bait.

I'm utterly disgusted how Korda can market this PVA as 4 seasons as the weather was nowhere near as cold as it has been.The sticks weren't made up until needed to halt the oil preventing the melting process.This is yet another Korda failure!!

I hope reading this will stop this happening to you.

Any suggestions for good PVA mesh for this time of year most welcome. :)

No problem m8. Just use the new LINKBRIKs from Personal Bait Services. Put as many as you need on your rig. Spray or brush on your flavour or food source to match your bait & chuck 'em out. They break down in 3-4 minutes no matter how cold the water.They are brilll and ....no PVA, no faffing around and you can even do it in pouring rain.

Think Hutchy have something similar coming out but much slower breakdown time I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats terrible mate. I can only assume that its what everyone says, just a bad batch.

The other week i was fishing with the same stuff and the water temp was quite cold, i made a stick up and threw it in the margins where i could see how long it melted. It took 4 mins before it started to dissolve and within 7 minutes it was all gone.

Just a bit of completely useless information there but it gives everyone a rough guide to how long the stuff takes to melt.

Guest Anonymous

has any one noticed that evry thing korda is a failure, becuase they had a bad batch of hooks, a bad batch of iq, a bad batch of pva. how much more bad batches is there going to be? we can only take so much before we just stop bothering with korda and take are dollar some where else.

They do seem to have a lot of problems dont they!:D :D

I've heard of pva sticks taking a while to dissolve because they have been made in advance and the oil soaks into he pva thus slowing the dissolve rate down but this takes the biscuit:eek: :D

I've heard of pva sticks taking a while to dissolve because they have been made in advance and the oil soaks into he pva thus slowing the dissolve rate down but this takes the biscuit:eek: :D

That happened to me the first time i made them. I made a handful up in advance and i threw one in the margins to check how long it took to dissolve and it was well over 20 minutes. Not good really so i make all mine up now as and when i need them!

Guest Anonymous

I only use the wychwood pva, I don't go much on their stuff as a general rule but their pva is allright it dose'nt ladder like other stuff does & i've never had a problem with it melting all year round :)

I use the ESP bags they seem best value for money too - they seem quite thick to look at but I can g'tee that they are FULLY broken down within about 3 mins, whatever the weather.

Never had much success in the cold with ANY of the mesh type PVA

How frustrating to leave a rod out all night, only to bring it in covered in pva, that would make me soooo mad

:x