venue recommendation needed!!!!

Hi all,

One of my close friends and fellow fisherman is emigrating to Australia in april and so I am planning a social in the last week in march for a group of about 10 of us to see him off.

Instead of the usual session on our syndicate water up here in Cheshire, im looking for a venue somewhere down south for us to go for a 5 day session (on the basis that there are generally more carp waters down south and that there is a better chance of it being a bit warmer at the end of march than up here!!)

I am looking for a venue that isn’t too big but would quite comfortably seat 10 anglers. Ideally the venue would have a lot of features such as lily and reed beds and a mixture of other species (there are some pleasure anglers coming along who would like to catch a few tench/bream/crucians etc etc on float tactics). There could also be some younger anglers coming along so i would also like a place which is a bit of a runs water to ensure that they all catch (5 days without a bite would be hard going on them i think!) Ideally the venue would have some facilities such as toilets etc and night fishing is essential.

Im not bothered about the location as long as i can ensure that there will be good fishing at the end of march!!

So my question is can anyone recommend a decent water for us?

I know thats quite a large list of criteria, however, i would like to make this final fishing trip a success for us all.

Any help or ideas/recommendations would be much appreciated.

cheers

stu

sandhurst :wink:8)

are you serious?

if you are did you not read his post properly?

yeah i read the post mate, venue down south for 5 days, they can book 10 tickets well in advance from cemex, not all carpers so somewhere with bream/tench etc, have you seen the size of the tench and bream in sandhurst?. the fishing isn't difficult either and with 5 days theres a reasonable chance most of them would walk away with new pb's including the youngsters :wink: i think a special venue like sandhurst would be an ideal place to see off a mate who was emigrating, its a very famous venue and the size of the fish would make it a trip to remember, it ticks all the boxes as far as i can see :?:

ok if thats what you think then thats ok but i wouldnt class sandhurst a runs water thats all.

its not dead hard but by no means is it a runs water :)

Sandhurst = Turkey Shoot :shock:

400 carp in 14 acres :shock::shock: Doddle....Sounds like the ideal place to spend a few days with friends. Plus you can have a look at the other famous venues while your there :D

As you can see below, something for all.

Sandhurst Road and Swan Lane, Yateley, Hants.

STOCK RECORDS

Carp to 36lb 9oz

Pike to 30:02

Catfish to 45:12

Roach to 3:05

Rudd to 2:10

Tench to 11:00

Bream to 13:00

Eels to 5:03

Perch to 3:00

Crucian carp to 4:08

i didnt say it was hard but i wouldnt class it at a runs water.

have you fished it yourself?

if you have what have you caught?

my average is 2 fish a session and i class runs waters as 5+ fish a session (24 hours)

what do you class as a runs water?

No I aint fished it myself. I would though as a social thing with a few mates. IMO its not 'serious' fishing, more an enjoyable release. Each to their own though and all that.

As for the runs water question you say you managed on average 2 fish a session on Sandhurst, well being as i've had 3 pick-ups between June and November having done 30 odd nights then 2 fish a session could be considered an Uber runs water :lol:

just out of interest and sorry to hijack the thread but what would you class as a runs water?

ie how many fish per 24 hours?

i would class a runs water to be a water where i would usually catch 5 or more carp per 24 hours.

maybe i should start another thread to get peoples opinions.

like canontroop i may only get a few pickups from june until november so i class 2 fish a session as a runs water. i've fished sandhurst a couple of times now on booked weekends with up to 15 of my mates and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves each time, we had the lake to ourselves and we managed to fire up that big barbie in the second car park for a very good social :wink:

most of my mates broke pb's on our trips, including me :wink: we've booked again for this year it was so good :wink:

• 2 years later...

hi mate i strongly recommend milton pools fishery oxfordshire it has 4 lakes a specimen a water with fish up to 45lbs but alot of coarse fish lakes called the house lake with fish to 22lbs tench bream big perch and relativly easy the specimen lake and 2 runs waters a match lake but also a lake called the kidney one rason its shaped like a kidney but also its a beingers lake and the site has every you want toilets easy fishing and challenging fishing but very rewarding a tackle shop on site so i strongly recommend zig rigs on the specimen lake and the method feeder with soaked 3mm pellets on the far bank on the house lake tight lines :)

A1 pits, pit 2, 3 or 4. Fish to over 30 in 3 and 4, lots of other species too, 15 pegs on each. Not a runs water in the Southern sense of teh word but not úber hard either.

But won't be easy in late march, still a lot of frost and it's been known to snow then too.

Good info, but I think he is already in Australia. The post was made 2 and a 1/2 years ago :D