Robson Green!

carppilot

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill end up upsetting most of you on this thread but i enjoy watching it!!!!!!!!!!!

he travels the world catching the rarest fish known to man he has a passion for fishing, and he seems down to earth. ok so he kills a few fish along the way but when he does kill a fish its to eat.

he joins tribes and so on that only no this way of eatin i dont think he deserves some of the comments people are sayin

only the same as us eatin fish from a chippy we dont complain or call the owner a nob do we

just my thoughts so shot me down if you need to

I'd have to agree with adam_v, I enjoyed it too!!!

I saw series 1 from internet downloads and thought old Robson was abit OTT but then I'd have been too, if I was catching the bloody fish he was, in the situations he was in!!!! HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!!!!

Saw some of series 2 the other day and thought he'd toned it down abit!!!

What needs to be considered is that fishing is not all about catch and release and some folk actually fish to eat!!! Hence I've got no problems with him showing fish caught using a bow and arrow if it's going to be consumed... on the other hand killing fish for just the sake of it is another thing all together!!!

Maybe he should pre-warn especially British viewers that his program shows the killing of some fish???? You can then decide whether you watch or not!!!

I don't like Robson green's program - just because he is a nob, so anything he does is nobbish. I wouldn't care if he kissed the fish, polished it's scales and gave it a coat of varnish before returning it, he would still be a nob and I would still not liek the program! (not that varnishing fish is a good thing, but you get my drift).

What I DO like to watch is Paul Young's Fishing Road Trip. He is also a nob, but won't see fish killed. It makes me laugh no end when he stops the guy killing food fish and return them, when you know without doubt there is a pile of dead fish off camera. I still think he s a nob, but it does make me laugh, so he is on my Good List.

Watched a bit of the first programme - seemed good!

Getting wound up because people dont conform with your fishing ideals is crazy. Putting food on the table like the arapima is perfectly normal to them - they had a quota to catch and stick within it, good on them.

I didn't see a Tesco's anywhere!

Any fishing programme is cool by me - I dont think Robson deserves any grief, he's just going along with the locals - doing their thing.

what winds me up is the fact he has no respect for his catches, and the fact he knows NOTHING about fishing yet puts this rubbish on tv. last year he was questiones about carp and the keeping them out of the water for to long and what was his answer? it dont matter because 9 out of 10 fish caught die anyway :shock: he is a complete moron (just my opinion) in some country's it is perfectly ok to stone a woman to death for adultery but i dont want to watch that on tv same as spear fishing i just dont want to watch it and if i want to moan or call him a moron on here that is my right. i turned the telly on just as the hideous bloke speared that arapima and really mean it when i say i wish the bloke speared him instead.

i agree that its your thoughts and were all aloud ore own thoughts on it its good to see the difference in opinons regardin the series and him.

but like its been said its the people life styles and thats how they eat so i dont see a problem with it that dont make me a worse angler than the next bloke who really is bothered by the way they are killed. i think this kind of thing can apply to more than just spear fishing ie trawlers etc etc

we all eat stuff that is killed just for us to eat back when the cave man was the daddy he didnt think twice about banging some animal out to eat he just did what he needed to do to feed his family and i bet it would be the same today if things had not moved on

There will always be people that dont like to see fish killed!

sad truth is fish get killed for food all over the world, i have a good friend that grew up in the orkney isles and he cant understand my passion for catch and release carp angling as he always fished for the table.

Just because some of us forum members think a tv angler is a "male genital" i dont see that they should post all over the forums , just my take :wink:

We're all moaning about how good or bad it is, but lets face the truth, there are very few fishing programmes on TV. In his idiotic way he gets to go to some very exotic locations to try to fish in the style of the locals.

I personally found his swearing extremely over the top, and the fact that it was the Amazonian guide harpooned the fish and did the actual hard work rather amusing.

Jeremy Wade on the other hand in River Monsters is an very good presenter and fishing in the way to do best.

If you don't like Robson Greene then there are a couple of simple answers, one of which I employed, watch the TV with the sound turned OFF, or simply don't watch the programme at all :wink:

As much as i dont agree with the only type of angling on Mainstream being this, id rather have some than none.

At the Sandown show last year Hugh Miles said that Green is on because he appeals to more than JUST anglers, and the TV channels are reluctant to commision any shows that appeal to just anglers, hence the poor time slot Catching the impossible was given....shame really.

What we need is a Celebrity Carper!!!

This show has nothing to do with "angling" and this man is the poorest ambassador of the sport that fishing has ever had. I would rather there were no fishing programs on tv at all than have this pathetic effort. He clearly has no idea about fishing and his general attitude stinks. Bring back Wilson any day!

Celebrity Carper? There's a few of those about.

How about Chris Tarrant :shock: or Jim Davidson :shock::shock: Wasn't he into carp fishing? I'm sure he'd be up for the work (as long as it didn't clash with playing the rear end of a pantomime horse at the Slough Pavillion in January)

Include Bobby Davro in that list as well :wink:

had to bring this back up just to say what a complete and utter moron this bloke is. i really would like to see someone spear him in the danglies he is just such a moron. why oh why are the tv company's paying to show this rubbish

Because it makes them money!

If this were a nice gentle take on angling, who'd be interested? A few of us, possibly.

Introduce controversy and they have a money generating cash cow. Of course he's a nob, that's how the show is formatted. Why else would we even be discussing this?

Wake up and smell the coffee, for goodness sake!!!!

Ian

Because it makes them money!

If this were a nice gentle take on angling, who'd be interested? A few of us, possibly.

Introduce controversy and they have a money generating cash cow. Of course he's a nob, that's how the show is formatted. Why else would we even be discussing this?

Wake up and smell the coffee, for goodness sake!!!!

Ian

:) good point!

Maybe there can be a new program where robson green gets set loose swimming around a pond, and then each week a celebrity angler casts at him with a dirty great treble hook. When they catch him they can duff him up a bit and throw him back.

I would pay to watch it!

Celebrity Carper? There's a few of those about.

How about Chris Tarrant :shock: or Jim Davidson :shock::shock: Wasn't he into carp fishing? I'm sure he'd be up for the work (as long as it didn't clash with playing the rear end of a pantomime horse at the Slough Pavillion in January)

Include Bobby Davro in that list as well :wink:

and bobby zamora