french trip next year

Hey people, I really want to go to france next year but am stuck on where to go.

Iwill be going with a couple of mates and would appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice on what time in the year is best to go and where would be good????

Im not after 50s, would just like a nice runs water with loads of carp. not to far away from calais with good facilities (on site bayliff, showers etc)

Would really appreciate some sound advice. :):):)

I've just done Roseau with Angling-lines and would recommend it mate not far from Calais 2.5 hrs taking your time, i had two carp over 40lb one going 49lb 4oz one at 44lb 10 oz plus a 31lber, grass carp over 23lb and others around mid 20's and a lovely sturgeon that was 40lb on the dot, it's supposed to be a run's water but they were spawning when we were there so we were fishing for the odd fish rather than the many.

But the week before the lad in the swim i picked in the draw had over 100 carp so they are there.

Guest cairngorm

I have got the perfect venue for you. If you are looking for a runs water where you will catch doubles all day and an easy chance of a twenty to a whopping 51lb 8oz lake record you need to look at les quis. There are 4 lakes, 3 main lakes and the bay lake. I have fished the bay lake and i caught everyday and alot. But if you want a bigger challenge and a bit extra money go on the main lakes but you need to book it as soon as the booking starts for the year as they are full up for the next 2 years on the main lakes.

The complex has a lodge where you get breakfast and dinner with a pudding everyday. And they have showers aswell. You get there by a coach which picks you up from folkestone to get the ferry and have a chat with the other anglers. With the bait you can take your own or use the bait that they have. If you take your own bait, you have a maximum of 40kg but you dont need that for the Bay Lake.

You can visit their website on **lesquis.co.uk **

if it's lots and lots of doubles you're after with the odd 20 and possibly a 30 then go to Le Valdore, 1 hr!!! from Calais... it's very cheap too as it's French run and the lake is very nice.. 'probably' the cheapest lake complex in France.. very few snags, a little island, mature banks, huge swims (hard gravel so take a hammer!!).. just done an overnighter there on route back from La Horre, I had 10 carp in under 36 hrs to 33lb (a rare original) the rest were all around the 12lb mark... I wasn't fishing hard for them either (banging out singles)... there's been catches of over a hundred fish in 48hrs so expect little sleep if you get it right. the two lads (and wife) who invited me there are fishing on and have a couple of 20's out.

A stark contrast to La Horre but great for a very frequent bend in the rod.

yes maybe a bit further to travel, but all easy driving and what a place when you get there. Fantastic surroundings, great hosts, trouser busting food, spotless showers & toilets and most importantly a large stock of fish to 40lb +. With a bit of thought these are well catchable as shown from our trip in may during the worst weather conditions ive had in france ie; snow , wind, rain, hail, frosts and a bit of sun. Ithink the tally was 30 odd fish in the week to well over 30lb. If you can manage an hour or so more on the road serenity is for you, but give tony or ali a ring and youll be sold on the place, just find lac serenity on the web and youre in business