Fishing - Your Pet Hates

shavings

the price of petrol

actually paying

buying end tackle, why the hell does it cost so much and why the hell do i keep needing more and more after each session.

:lol::cry:

accidentaly dropping stick mixes into the water and having to speed cast before it all explodes everywhere

but MOST OF ALL, not being able to fish due to lack of funds

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swans (dont mind ducks but swans just dont like me), the older men who are around 30-40 years old who think that becuase they are older than me (im just about to turn 17)im going to allow them to fish over my lines and make it almost impossible to recast and then refuse to listen to my case to why they should move.

Losing hooks/blunting hooks without ever catching a fish on them. Batteries dieing,blanks but most of all lack of money to buy new gear, i dont enjoy saving up but have just saved up the money for my delkims and hot head hangers.

Swans (dont mind ducks but swans just dont like me), the older men who are around 30-40 years old who think that becuase they are older than me (im just about to turn 17)im going to allow them to fish over my lines and make it almost impossible to recast and then refuse to listen to my case to why they should move.

Losing hooks/blunting hooks without ever catching a fish on them. Batteries dieing,blanks but most of all lack of money to buy new gear, i dont enjoy saving up but have just saved up the money for my delkims and hot head hangers.

aye up youngster......30-40 old ?..............70-80's old, not 30-40!!! :evil:

C'mon mods delete his post for ageism :wink::lol:

Next time i see a whippersnapper fishing, its across his lines with the marker...............one up for the slipper brigade :twisted::wink::lol:

Why does that stress you out so much? It's not like buying new delkims is going to suddenly get you extra fish!

bait boats :evil::evil::evil: and high winds :evil: and geese absoluteley hate geese especially the canadian ones drive me potty would love to strangle the lot!!! everytime i see a bait boat across my swim i have thoughts of putting a 2 ounce lead into the side of it and watching it go down like a mini titanic!!!!!! that would be bliss!!

Why does that stress you out so much? It's not like buying new delkims is going to suddenly get you extra fish!

Actually, they could!

imagine you're fishing, and a fish picks the bait up, and it just shakes it's head, on a tight line, not giving a traditional run. A Delkim, due to it's vibration sensor will pick up the movement, whereas a roler-wheel buzzer will not move :wink:

Please don't turn this into a Fox v Delkim, mind

bait boats :evil::evil::evil: and high winds :evil: and geese absoluteley hate geese especially the canadian ones drive me potty would love to strangle the lot!!! everytime i see a bait boat across my swim i have thoughts of putting a 2 ounce lead into the side of it and watching it go down like a mini titanic!!!!!! that would be bliss!!

its not the boat mate it person using it.

Actually, they could!

imagine you're fishing, and a fish picks the bait up, and it just shakes it's head, on a tight line, not giving a traditional run. A Delkim, due to it's vibration sensor will pick up the movement, whereas a roler-wheel buzzer will not move :wink:

Please don't turn this into a Fox v Delkim, mind

Might give you a slight edge but my main point is that you shouldn't be hung up on not being able to get the latest tackle because the main factor in fishing that decides how much fish you catch is the person doing the fishing. Not the latest alarm, rods reels etc.

thats not true. there is a scientifically proven correlation between how much your fishing gear cost / how much of it - you is cammo compared to fish on the bank.

theyre discerning creatures. no fish wants to be seen on a shoddy carp mat.

That last bit really made me chuckle, hell if fish decide on who to get caught by based on the cost of the anglers tackle then im going to be blanking for along time to come.

Might give you a slight edge but my main point is that you shouldn't be hung up on not being able to get the latest tackle because the main factor in fishing that decides how much fish you catch is the person doing the fishing. Not the latest alarm, rods reels etc.

Oh dont get me wrong im not a tackle tart, but i feel that i now diserve to upgrade after using these alarms which admiterly do work (just battery life is rubbish, voulume is ethier to loud or to quiet and arent very sensitive at all. Plus they are 3 years old now). The delkims may help get more fish becuase of the sensitivty but i knwo that the quality of your rods and other gear on the bank dont catch you fish, its what you do with your rig that matters.

Oh dont get me wrong im not a tackle tart, but i feel that i now diserve to upgrade after using these alarms which admiterly do work (just battery life is rubbish, voulume is ethier to loud or to quiet and arent very sensitive at all. Plus they are 3 years old now). The delkims may help get more fish becuase of the sensitivty but i knwo that the quality of your rods and other gear on the bank dont catch you fish, its what you do with your rig that matters.

That's fair enough fella!

seeing big carp swimming around that are uncatchable.

Like for example : one time in devon i was fishing this campsite's private lake and it had quite a big stock of carp ranging up to 20lb but for some reason you could cast right in front of them and they wouldn't bite (the water was so clear you could see everything they did.)

This was a whole year ago and then i stopped for a while and it's taken me soo long to catch my first carp.