Sunday night June 15th/16th

666carpcatcher

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, let me get this right. You are going fishing for grandads? Isn't that rather cruel? How many grandads reside in this river and what do they live on?

I'm a grandad myself and have never, ever, felt the need to occupy a river. Ever.

Ian

Now that's the post that made turning the PC on worth while, Nice one Ian :lol::lol::lol::lol::wink:

You'd need on hell of an un-hooking mat to fit a Grandad on :shock::lol:

what about the landing net surely it would be cruel to squeeze one in there...

But I've lost a lot of weight recently, the Pie Shop burned down.

I wonder what the PB grandad weighed in at and what bait/pie he was caught on. Diamond White glug, perhaps?

Ian

You'd need on hell of an un-hooking mat to fit a Grandad on :shock::lol:

what about the landing net surely it would be cruel to squeeze one in there...

But I've lost a lot of weight recently, the Pie Shop burned down.

I wonder what the PB grandad weighed in at and what bait/pie he was caught on. Diamond White glug, perhaps?

Ian

I believe he was foul hooked on the zimmer frame.

that would be impossible unless some chav beath him up cellotaped his arms to the zimmer frame robbed his wallet then chucked him in...

nothing like threads going off topic :wink:

You started it. Or your fetish for hooking elderly gentlemen did.

You're a wicked, wicked young man. :?

Ian

Ill be out on sunday night/monday morning fishing in my long term prebaited swim which is about 50m from my front door!

I have put in about 25kg of a new bait i am field testing and 25kg of particles and pellets since march and all is looking good.

Carp very rarely show in this river and i havent seen much about but i have a gut feeling they are on it as they have been in previous years.

This is the first time i have ever baited on this scale so hopefully i have got them hooked on my baits and recognising it as a good food source.

Just got to avoid the bream !

Ill be out on sunday night/monday morning fishing in my long term prebaited swim which is about 50m from my front door!

I have put in about 25kg of a new bait i am field testing and 25kg of particles and pellets since march and all is looking good.

Carp very rarely show in this river and i havent seen much about but i have a gut feeling they are on it as they have been in previous years.

This is the first time i have ever baited on this scale so hopefully i have got them hooked on my baits and recognising it as a good food source.

Just got to avoid the bream !

I wish you good luck.

Won't you be exhausted trudging all that way to you swim?

Ian

Being at the lake/river for midnight, at the very start of a new season, was always a special and magical moment, well it was for me.

This year I will be fishing on a river for the fist time, new experience, new challenge, and very much looking forward to it Hope to be on a swim on Sun night ready for the off.

I won't be on the river but the club lake i'm fishing at the moment has a bank that you cannot fish until june 16th.This will open up 10 more swims when it does! Up until then myself and a few others have had about four swims to choose from! :lol:

So definitely looking forward to that as a bit of prebaiting has been going on too! :D ,booked Mon,Tues off aswell! WooHoo! :lol::lol:

I'm out on the 15th for 3 days. Not on a river though, on a club lake that still has the good old close season as it's an SSSI. 23 acres, 30 fish, and choked with weed top to bottom.......I must be mad :lol:

Cant bloomin wait, been looking forward to getting back on there since last November, there is nowhere nicer to blank!

Been baiting a spot on the river where I've seen carp for the last 6 weeks, this however was 7 or 8 weeks ago I saw them and I've seen very little since there or anywhere else. (Except for two dead ones upstream :() I've been on holiday for the past week and unable to get down there. I went down there tonight as soon as I got back, the water was god damn alive! In the spot I've been baiting and only that spot! The poor things must be starving and missing the dinner I've been feeding 'em. lol! I sat there with a childlike grin on my face for about half an hour before I balled in the bait and disrupted the situation, wanted to stay but too knackered and needed to get home.

I am so excited you wouldn't believe. I'm going to get down there about 6ish and have a rib eye steak and a half bottle of red in celebration for dinner while waiting.

I've never caught a river carp...Here's to Sunday night... Seriously it's such a lovely place and away from anywhere else I don't even care if I don't catch, I'm gonna be happy just being there. (I'm actually just saying that to protect myself since I've just exclaimed to you all how excited I am! I'm surely going to at least catch a bream if nothing else)

I've never caught a river carp...Here's to Sunday night... Seriously it's such a lovely place and away from anywhere else I don't even care if I don't catch, I'm gonna be happy just being there.

My thought exactly mate, just you and the river away from the normal mad crowds, usealy fishing virgin water for virgin carp, what more could you ask for?

Good luck to all that are making the comitment :D:D:D

Roll on Sunday Night :wink:

going at 10 on the night and leaving at 6 straight to school grandad fishing then ill come back at break,then dinner then after school :wink::lol:

Joe, let me get this right. You are going fishing for grandads? Isn't that rather cruel? How many grandads reside in this river and what do they live on?

I'm a grandad myself and have never, ever, felt the need to occupy a river. Ever.

Ian

Best post of the year :lol::lol::lol:

Echo Stoogi's words on this, that is definatly the best post of the year. If theres a prize for the funniest comment on Carp.com, you win hands down :wink::lol::lol:

Well as you can see, my plan aint worked, just spent the last 20 mins dragging all my kit out and loading into the car, now the car wont start :roll::roll::roll::roll: so will be going tomorrow night instead unless we decide to walk down the river here and fish for the barbel :roll::roll::roll: do you ever get that feeling when you just want to shout at the top of your lungs :oops::oops::oops: spent all day rushing around getting things from the tackle shop and sorting all the stuff out for this to let us down :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Well as you can see, my plan aint worked, just spent the last 20 mins dragging all my kit out and loading into the car, now the car wont start :roll::roll::roll::roll: so will be going tomorrow night instead unless we decide to walk down the river here and fish for the barbel :roll::roll::roll: do you ever get that feeling when you just want to shout at the top of your lungs :oops::oops::oops: spent all day rushing around getting things from the tackle shop and sorting all the stuff out for this to let us down :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

did you go to kingsbury in the end?