Just a thought.

tonybranno

I dont know if this has been done before so here goes.....

If you had to choose one option and stick to it for the remainder of your carp fishing career, would you rather fish for carp with big weights say between 30 - 45lb which look nothing special..... almost bland even, or catch much lower weight specimens say between 15 - 30lbs which are a very, very pretty strain of fish (for arguments sake like the Horseshoe fish)?

The reason i ask is that in the past i heard about a small lake in Leicester which holds a 30lber (last time out it was 33lb to be exact). Now this is a definate living fish cos ive seen the photos and this lake gets fished quite a lot by local anglers and anglers that have to travel a fair distance and they are all gunning for this one, single fish. It seems their one, single, burning carping goal is to land it. But thing is when i saw the photos i was disappointed because to be honest this fish is nothing special to look at.

How many times have you lot heard of a lake that holds a big fish but when you saw it you thought the same?

So out of the 2 options, what would you fish for?

I am quite happy to fish for any carp,it just happens that most of the waters ive fished,have pretty fish.

But sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet and need to go all out for a big fish,when this happens its a different matter and the last one turned out to be a very ugly fish,from one of the biggest carp waters Ive seen.

definately prefere to catch smaller prettier fish.

for instance, i ad a 47lb mirror when i was in france early last year. and it was an ugly plain looking fish. altho it was good to catch a fish of that weight. it was ugly! whereas some of the smaller mirrors i've had here in england looked much nicer and i always like looking at those pictures over my 47.

would rather catch specimen tincas than bland carp, they have attitude. Im lucky enough to fish for mirrors that on the whole are very pretty with tiny scatter scales (odd ones do exist) but its so very tight lipped on my water, unless you get on there and get stuck in you wont ever know, and its on a club ticket :lol::lol::lol::wink::wink::wink:

the owner doesnt even know what is coming out of his water as we keep shtum about any captures :wink:

pretty scottish mirrorDSCF0586.jpg

Coldo,

Is that just a pretty Scottish Mirror being held by a Typical Scots Man? :lol::lol:

Sorry for the mickey taking but you just fit the Stereotypical Image of what I think a Scots man should look like. :!:

Can imagine you on the Quaker Oats Packet! :twisted::twisted::lol::lol:

simply replace carp with a large "hammer" or kaber............job done :lol::lol:

coldo, lovely fish, and god I ove it when you get a pick with one bristling like she is. cracking mate :wink:

would rather catch specimen tincas than bland carp, they have attitude. Im lucky enough to fish for mirrors that on the whole are very pretty with tiny scatter scales (odd ones do exist) but its so very tight lipped on my water, unless you get on there and get stuck in you wont ever know, and its on a club ticket :lol::lol::lol::wink::wink::wink:

the owner doesnt even know what is coming out of his water as we keep shtum about any captures :wink:

Welcome back,you are a misserable devil though,fancy not even letting the owner know,I would ban you :lol::lol::lol:

Got to be the pretty fish,

That's why i'm after the lean fully scaled and linear from my club water,only low 20s but very nice looking chesnut coloured fish.

Saw the fully on the bank at the weekend, it only just fit in a sling which has bars on, nearly 3ft long :shock::D

I'd love a horshoe strain fish :D:P Good job i'm fishing there in may :D:D